RV repair shop recs Indianapolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

I need to get my 5ver into the shop around Indianapolis, IN. Anyone have any experience with the shops?
Colerain RV
Camping World.
Mount Comfort.

Any info is really appreciated.

Thanks

Sam.

Many Camping World outlets don't have a very good rep, at least in these forums, but many of their locations were acquired by buying out existing dealerships and thus they may have some long term, experienced, reliable workers still there. It is likely only local knowledge will help with this as they will be unknown to most of us.

Sorry I do not have a recommendation for Indianapolis except to say, forget Camping World.  As Alfa38User said CW does not have a good reputation, in fact a poor reputation.  I recently contacted my 5th wheel manufacturer for warranty repair guidance.  The reply was "As for getting service you can work with anyone other than Camping World".  That says it all.

I live south side of Indianapolis.  If I needed, I would go to Colerain.  I wouldn't for the life of me go to the Camping World in Greenwood.  Crooked as they come.  I also think there is a smaller place by Edgewood and 37, I think the front is a small campground.  http://tntrvservicerepairs.com/

Colerain might be busy, this tnt is more a ma/pa place.

I would only go to camping world as a last resort myself but have to consider all options. The repairs I need are mostly warranty work and 1 recall repair. Top auto vent won't open. It sticks. Motor runs but stalls out. Fireplace burned out. I know it's warm out but it never stays that way. Recall is on the bolts holding down the rear slide out tray.

Also my black tank won't drain. I'm not completely sure it's from a clog. Handle goes to a cable that operates the valve which is hidden in the underbelly. Maybe it's clogged, maybe the cable slipped. I don't know. Handle was very difficult to pull then it wasn't. Gonna have a septic company come suck the tank dry and have service look at it. I'm not cutting open the underbelly myself. I'll let a dealer take the responsibility of doing that and sealing it back up.

I'll be there on June 3rd for 3 weeks in the Brownsville area. It has to be a Keystone approved shop because of the warranty issues.

Thanks.

Better get calling places.  Maybe Keystone has a website that lists approved shops?  But, that's only a few weeks away, and things get really busy this time of year.

If you can get anyone other than Camping World in Greenwood, I would. We bought our unit from them and getting warranty work done took them forever. They also are not good at returning phone calls. They tell you they are waiting on parts from manufacture when they hadn?t even ordered it. We have had work done at Wetnight RV in Terre Haute but that?s about 75 miles west of Indianapolis and I?m not sure if they do warranty work. Hope you get it worked out.

Vicki

ACTUAL REAL RECOMMENDATIONS - NOT OPINIONS HERE. Seems to happen a lot here.

I bought my RV at Mt Comfort - awesome group of folks, service department is great.  I am very satisfied with all my experiences there - from the sale to (minimal) warranty work.

I almost bought my RV at Colerain RV - great bunch of folks also.  Only reason I didn't buy there was they didn't have the exact model we wanted.  I do get accessories there as I live in Cincinnati.

Campers World......eh.  They just closed the one in Cincinnati - glad I missed that one.

I live in Indianapolis and I bought my motorhome from Mt comfort.  I used them once for repair they did a good job.  I don't know how quick you need the work done because they are very booked up it will take awhile to get in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom