RV Roof question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ngranneman

Have a general RV roof question, I have a couple of the seams where I believe the plywood meets up with each other on the roof that aren't flush. Is this to be expected? No obvious RV leaks that I have seen by just bought the RV. It is a 2014 Grey Wolf

Welcome to the Forum!

Sheets not lining up should not be a problem by itself.  Are there any hairline or bigger cracks along the seam?  THAT would be a problem!  If not, add it to your annual check this list.

Welcome to the forum!

If they feel sturdy with no play, I would leave it alone.If there is play, you need to use some screws and dicor.

No play noted and no crackles, just the roof part of those areas are not "glued" down as other areas and a ripple at this area

Without knowing type of roof and construction technique on the given RV this is a hard one to answer, there are a lot of roofing materials and constructions styles out there these days.      Sure EPDM and TPO are still the most common, but there is a lot of other stuff too, at least 3 or 4 other membrane materials some of which can easily be mistaken for EPDM or TPO like the new PVC roof material as well as  fiberglass, aluminum , etc.      Then there is the question of floating or fixed attachment...

Back
Top Bottom