Rv shows with no actual RV's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kool

So I've always enjoyed going to RV shows - but now I've actually pulled the trigger on my ultimate RV (that I could afford) - looking around actual RV's no longer holds the interest it had - maybe I am to scared I will find a better deal ;) . Sure you sometimes see an innovation that you could build into yours - but normally not so much of interest.

What I would now like to see is all the add-on/upgrade vendors - in this economy so many people are remodeling rather than upgrading you would think there would be a need for this - at the shows there are never many or they are tucked away - I would like to see more. Even if you look at the really large shows - there are really not that many - the Quartzsite show proudly boasts 69000 sq feet - but that is actually only a 264 x 264 foot area - actually not that big - at the local shows there are practically none - or it is Camping World (nothing wrong with CW - just seen it all) .
Some of the items I would love to buy at a show and save the shipping costs on the larger items - some of the items I just need to 'feel' before I buy.
Anyone else feel the same or can recommend a show (I'm in Virginia) that proves me wrong - I guess Hershey comes closest.
Kool.

the Quartzsite show proudly boasts 69000 sq feet - but that is actually only a 264 x 264 foot area - actually not that big -
Not a big deal, but that is the "big tent" area that houses the couple hundred vendors selling everything from magic foot baths, to ginzu knives, to CBD oil, to hats, gloves, chairs, mattresses, you name it. No RVs are inside the tent. The RVs are parked outside on a square mile or more of dirt lots in various areas around the main streets of Quartzsite.

Linda

So I've always enjoyed going to RV shows - but now I've actually pulled the trigger on my ultimate RV (that I could afford) - looking around actual RV's no longer holds the interest it had - maybe I am to scared I will find a better deal ;) . Sure you sometimes see an innovation that you could build into yours - but normally not so much of interest.
https://snaptube.cam/https://9apps.cam/
What I would now like to see is all the add-on/upgrade vendors - in this economy so many people are remodeling rather than upgrading you would think there would be a need for this - at the shows there are never many or they are tucked away - I would like to see more. Even if you look at the really large shows - there are really not that many - the Quartzsite show proudly boasts 69000 sq feet - but that is actually only a 264 x 264 foot area - actually not that big - at the local shows there are practically none - or it is Camping World (nothing wrong with CW - just seen it all) .
Some of the items I would love to buy at a show and save the shipping costs on the larger items - some of the items I just need to 'feel' before I buy.
Anyone else feel the same or can recommend a show (I'm in Virginia) that proves me wrong - I guess Hershey comes closest.
Kool.

Thank you I got this,.

The problem is it's expensive to put on a show, you need high ticket items like RVs to pay for it.

In the past the Quartzsite Big Tent had vendors like Roadmaster Tow Bars, Ready Brake, etc. who actually did installations in mechanics bays set up in back, along with vendors selling other parts and accessories. The problem is by the time they pay for the booth space, moving inventory and personnel back and forth, Quartzsite's vendor fees and 10% sales tax, AZ business license, etc. it takes a lot of sales just to break even.

The magic foot bath, Ginzu knife vendors, etc. do this for a living on the county fair circuit. January is a slack period for them so it's not that difficult to give the Big Tent a shot in the hope of making a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom