RV Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything by Jimmy Buffet....yeah, I know, it's not really RV music but who cares?

Anything by Jimmy Buffet....

Wendy,

Other than Marguerittaville, what has Jimmy Buffett done that holds his loyal following of parrot heads?  I've been to his store in Key West and listened to his music and watched his interview on Sixty Minutes.  I agree he's a nice guy, but, understanding peoples' tastes vary,  what is it about his music people like?

It's relaxed, it's fun, it's non-political, it doesn't care what anyone else thinks. It brings to mind laying on the beach, relaxing, drinking margaritas. Takes you away from work, from problems. Pokes fun at everyone, including Jimmy. And Margaritaville is only one of the things that jazzes Parrotheads...some of his ballads (Son of a Son of a Sailor, Come Monday, Boats to Build) are better.

...some of his ballads (Son of a Son of a Sailor, Come Monday, Boats to Build) are better

I'll give a second listen.  Thanks!

I recently discovered a singer named Steve Tyrell, who sings the Standards with amazing arrangements.  If you like that kind of music, you may want to check him out.  I've been listening to his music a lot recently.

Thanks. I'll check him out. Or, I'll check his music out, not him personally.

Wendy,
Wow.....I have been learning and sequecing "Margaritaville" and "Come Monday" to add to Gig #2, a more classic rock show. VERY GLAD you like those songs.....
Cliff

wendycoke said:
It's relaxed, it's fun, it's non-political, it doesn't care what anyone else thinks. It brings to mind laying on the beach, relaxing, drinking margaritas. Takes you away from work, from problems. Pokes fun at everyone, including Jimmy. And Margaritaville is only one of the things that jazzes Parrotheads...some of his ballads (Son of a Son of a Sailor, Come Monday, Boats to Build) are better.

Steve,
I went to his website.......just guess I will have to say Jimmy has him beat when it comes to my taste in music when RVing......  But....everyone has different taste buds.....Thanks for sharing!
Cliff

Steve said:
I'll give a second listen.? Thanks!

I recently discovered a singer named Steve Tyrell, who sings the Standards with amazing arrangements.? If you like that kind of music, you may want to check him out.? I've been listening to his music a lot recently.

I really like Jack Johnson and John Mayer right now.  Soothing for a long or even short jont.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom