RV storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jules5

Hello everyone---brand new to RVing!  We live in the Boston area and are looking for winter storage for our RV.  So far I've only been able to find one location--is there anyone out there who knows any places that would store for the winter??  Thanks for the help!

If you want to store it.  Out here in Arizona there are skads of places to store.  Not so sure in the Boston area.  But generally where they have storage sheds or garages, they have RV and Boating Storage.  Good Luck

One avenue in north country is to check around the small airports. Sometimes they have some part of a hanger where they will stick an RV or two. Also some people take airplanes south in winter and they may have a space. Problem is all are not high enough in doorway to get an RV in.

Bob

jules5 said:
Hello everyone---brand new to RVing!  We live in the Boston area and are looking for winter storage for our RV.  So far I've only been able to find one location--is there anyone out there who knows any places that would store for the winter??  Thanks for the help!

4 years ago, we were visiting our daughter in Charlestown and refused to bring the coach anywhere near. We found a boat yard in Salisbury that worked well for us for a short term stay, you might be able to negotiate something for a longer term.

Thanks Bernie!!  I think I've found that one by doing a google search.  Northeast boat yard I believe it is----do you have any recollection of the rate they charge?  My husband and I are preparing to be shocked.... thanks  jules

jules5 said:
Thanks Bernie!!? I think I've found that one by doing a google search.? Northeast boat yard I believe it is----do you have any recollection of the rate they charge?? My husband and I are preparing to be shocked.... thanks? ?jules

You might also try your local fairgrounds. Quite often they will store RV's and boats in their barns and exhibit buildings for the winter when they aren't being used. The main drawback though is that most of the time you can't get it back until they move everything out in the spring.

Woody

jules5 said:
I think I've found that one by doing a google search.  Northeast boat yard I believe it is----do you have any recollection of the rate they charge?  My husband and I are preparing to be shocked.... thanks  jules

Jules

It was Riverside Boat Yard, paid $6.67 a day in 2000.

BernieD said:
Jules

It was Riverside Boat Yard, paid $6.67 a day in 2000.

$200 a month????!!!?  :eek:  How can indoor storage possibly be worth that much?  I suppose if you have a $200,000 (or more expensive) rig then it could be justified, but for the other 99% of us  ;) that seems extremely high.

I'd jump at $200/month for indoor storage. Around here they charge $350/month, which is why our coach is in uncovered storage.

scottydl said:
$200 a month????!!!?  :eek:  How can indoor storage possibly be worth that much?  I suppose if you have a $200,000 (or more expensive) rig then it could be justified, but for the other 99% of us  ;) that seems extremely high.

Actually it was outdoor storage and only for 4-5 days over a weekend. For our purpose, well worth it.

In 1989, we paid $125 a month for outdoor storage in San Antonio so $200 doesn't sound that expensive.

Wow, I'm starting to feel very fortunate that I have a big gravel driveway with plenty of room to park the MH I don't have yet.  ;D

Here at

PEM  outdoor storage MH and Enc trailer (65') is 86 a month.  But in St LOuis there is a place with indoor storage and they start it up and run the gen every 2 weeks for $1400 a year.  Not that bad/

scottydl said:
Wow, I'm starting to feel very fortunate that I have a big gravel driveway with plenty of room to park the MH I don't have yet.? ?;D

I'm also very glad to have a large backyard where we park the motorhome and even get to plug it in. Of course, we did spend a bunch of money leveling it off and adding retaining walls but it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom