RV VIN # search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HRDWRK

Hi:

I was wondering if you can search a fifth wheel VIN # to find out about previous history and also exact model number and floor plan. I am interested in a used unit which is being auctioned. Thanks for the help.

HRDWRK said:
Hi:

I was wondering if you can search a fifth wheel VIN # to find out about previous history and also exact model number and floor plan. I am interested in a used unit which is being auctioned. Thanks for the help.

If you Google "vin " followed by the vehicle vin you will get links to some places where you can find some of the information you want. I don't know if it is free, but it looks like it will give you the model number and with that you can probably find the floor plan. Google is your friend, at least some of the time.

As for the history, I have had success with CarFax, but that is not free.

Thanks.
I did that and many other searches before and after I posted here. I got some information but I can't figure out the model (size) number or type. Maybe somebody here own one similar one!
The VIN is 4X4FWCD215V011812

The VIN won't identify the floor plan or features - just the trailer brand/model.  In some cases, it may only identify the trailer chassis, e.g. a trailer frame built by a chassis builder and then sold to a trailer manufacturer.  Other than the manufacturer ID and a serial number, all the rest of the VIN fields are defined by the manufacturer of the chassis or trailer frame.

When I searched the VIN, the FW in question was real easy to find.  I then went to RVTrader to compare pictures / graphics.  I found this 

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005-Forest-River-WILDCAT-31QBH-5004930474

It is not the right model, but the graphics match fairly well, so I suspect the one in question is a 2005 model.  If you can piece together a floor plan from the photos, you may be able to match this up with a 2005 model floor plan.  PPL may help here.

Armed with the info that has been provided, you can do an internet search for a "2005 Forest River Wildcat brochure" and you should at least be able to download a copy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom