RV vs Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dobi

We recently went on a weekend camping trip, in our Daybreak by Damon MH and unfortunately got caught under a low hanging branch :)o).
We tore about 6 feet of the top rear left side & corner.  The repair included replacing the entire roof, including the sheet metal, and rubber roof.  We just got it back.  It sure is different in look and feel from the original roof.  We are wondering if replacing the original roof is going to make it more prone to problems in the future...especially with leaking.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Any advice appreciated.

I feel so stupid :'(.

Dobi said:
We recently went on a weekend camping trip, in our Daybreak by Damon MH and unfortunately got caught under a low hanging branch :)o).
We tore about 6 feet of the top rear left side & corner.? The repair included replacing the entire roof, including the sheet metal, and rubber roof.? We just got it back.? It sure is different in look and feel from the original roof.? We are wondering if replacing the original roof is going to make it more prone to problems in the future...especially with leaking.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Any advice appreciated.

I feel so stupid :'(.
Well, s#!^ happens and we all have experienced some type of accident in our day.? Its fixed now, maybe not just like new but fixed.? Use it and move on.? If it leaks or is not to your satisfaction then take it back to who fixed it.? If you are still not happy even thouigh is is not leaking as there may be some minor annoyances then a little while down the line you may want to trade up for a new model.? I know how you feel but time will ease your mind.? Just chalk it up to a lesson learned and watch those trees as they can be very unforgiving as you know.?
? ? ?I have friends that keep telling me story after story of their dads motorhome where he would rip the A/C units off the top under a bridge or drop a tire off and crunch the back.? These things are big and stuff just happens.? Be carefull and have fun.? don't let it run you down and don't be too hard on your self.

Good luck and I am glad its repared.

Jeff

Been there done that.  Never was happy with the replacement roof and got rid of the unit.  Don't care who repairs it. It's a different ball game once repaired. YOu never feel at ease.  Good Luck and watch the branches.

If you mean the material used seems different, I'd suggest you check to be sure WHICH "rubber" roofing material was used in the repair - check the manufacturer's website for instructions.  It makes a difference in how you maintain it.

First, there are a number of different rubber roofs,  I don't know that any of them are better than the others.

However I can say this, since they replaced the entire roof, not just a patch, the odds of a leak are roughly the same as the factory roof, perhaps even less since it's brand new rubber

Dobi - years in the future you will look back on the incident and chuckle (I hope). Thirty-three or so years ago I managed to hang our 17 foot Shasta trailer on a fire plug in my uncle's front yard and put a four foot long tear in the aluminum siding. Young Michael, four years old at the time, yelled for Dad (me) to stop but I did not hear him. He still reminds me of it from time to time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom