RV water overflow hoses?? Fleetwood Flair 94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gateway

I had my RV stored for a few months and recently got it back.  While checking everything I noticed the water pump when turned on after being filled up water is coming out from some small hoses near the rear passenger side tires in the back.

I never saw these before or paid attention to them but the water *seems* to flow to all parts of the RV (main sink, toilet sink, toilet, shower).  It sputters a bit but I never ever saw water coming out of that one area.

I plan to try to figure out whats going on this weekend but anyone know what those hoses are for? (next to rear tire, passengers side).

I have a feeling this is going to be a quest to figure out whats going on, I have contacted Fleetwood for a plumbing diagram but no reply yet :/

Sounds like they may be your low point drains. Some have valves up inside the RV others have a screw on cap to seal the end of the pipes. Sometimes they may be color coded. Red pipe or red lettering indicates hot water side. Blue means cold water side.

Rene T said:
Sounds like they may be your low point drains. Some have valves up inside the RV others have a screw on cap to seal the end of the pipes. Sometimes they may be color coded. Red pipe or red lettering indicates hot water side. Blue means cold water side.

Yea, its defiantly 2, Ill fire up the hot water.  The question is why when I turn on the pump and open a faucet does it come out of one of those.  the RV is parked a bit on an incline.  Of course I cant use the water system with it coming out of those :/ ideas?

I think you'll find that if you just turn on the pump, water will come out of them that's provided you have water in your fresh water tank.  And the pump will not shut off either unless it's a minor leakage and then the pump will cycle on and off.

If you prove that they are low point drains and if there aren't any threads on the ends for a cap, then you'll need to go up in the RV and search for valves above those pipes. Each pipe will have a valve.

Rene T said:
I think you'll find that if you just turn on the pump, water will come out of them that's provided you have water in your fresh water tank.  And the pump will not shut off either unless it's a minor leakage and then the pump will cycle on and off.

If you prove that they are low point drains and if there aren't any threads on the ends for a cap, then you'll need to go up in the RV and search for valves above those pipes. Each pipe will have a valve.

Here is what I have under my passengers side rear tire next to my gas.  One part is kinda dripping.  Any recommendations.  Turn on pump, open everything up and ? I dont see any sort of clamps to turn and right above that I think is my dresser.  I hope I dont have to try to unscrew the system to find where the issue may be.  I wonder if I put clams on those ends it would work?

btw thanks for your advice.  Newbie RV owner and just dealing with one thing after the next :)

Attachments

• lowflow.jpg
    lowflow.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 21
Those do look like low point drains. Go inside and remove the bottom drawer of the dresser. Chances are the valves will be right there. If they are, either hook up to shore power or start your pump to pressurize the system. Then open and close each valve several times to flush out any residue which may be inside the valves.

Rene T said:
Those do look like low point drains. Go inside and remove the bottom drawer of the dresser. Chances are the valves will be right there. If they are, either hook up to shore power or start your pump to pressurize the system. Then open and close each valve several times to flush out any residue which may be inside the valves.

So after taking out each drawer and following some pipes , I finally found the section with the t style knobs and pumped them a bit.  The leak seems to be gone now!

Cheers and thanks for your help!

Gateway said:
So after taking out each drawer and following some pipes , I finally found the section with the t style knobs and pumped them a bit.  The leak seems to be gone now!

Cheers and thanks for your help!

Awesome. Thanks for getting back to us.

Back
Top Bottom