RVDIRECT.COM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a personal opinion  NO  Others may think so  I don't./

I'm not disagreeing, Shayne, but why do you say that? Personal experience? Heard a war story?

They are a broker who does some negotiating for you with a dealer in your area, receiving a fee for their efforts. You can readily do as well yourself, but some folks shudder at the thought of "doing the dance" at a dealership. And RV dealerships can be worse than car dealers, especially if you are new to RVs and easily baffled with sale mumbo-jumbo loaded with strange RV terms.  So maybe they are a help to some folks. Maybe.

As for getting you a better quality rig or any further help in the process, e.g. post sales, forget it. If you can get a quote through them without a fee obligation, you might compare it to what you can get on your own. I suspect you can do better on your own if you shop around, but if you want to buy locally and don't wantt hassle, they can probably get halfway decent deal for you. But anybody can get 10% or more off a new Rv, pretty much just by asking for it. Or going to an Rv show. If they can't get you 15%-20% or more (after allowing for their fee), don't bother with them.

First off they are not a dealer and don't have a thing to do with servicing and a unit once delivered.  You should know by now, many many many things are not covered by warranty but by the selling dealer for which he is paid by an allowance the service.  Granted some won't service anything others do somewhat and others do a fine job.  Same as on an auto.  So why by from someone that has no responsibility but the sale.  Find a good dealer and go brom there. I wouldn't buy from a them but as I said it's your choice.  Another dealer is not responsible for many adjustments on a unit bought elsewhere  That is not warranty that is dealer service.  If I owned a dealership  why would I want to use my mechanics and service bays to pay for something the other dealer or seller is responsible for.  Now if it's warranty  thats a total different situation.  Been in the situation before.  JMHO But do as you please and when you by from discount it can be buyer beware.  Who is the factory going tell you to take it back to for adjustment, they are not going to pay for it cause they've already paid a dealer or seller to do so.  Iwish they would eliminate those types of sales companies and we'd probably be better off.

Shayne,
Iwish they would eliminate those types of sales companies and we'd probably be better off.
I'm not trying to start an argument but, by your standards, we should eliminate all lawyers, doctors, and real estate brokers to mention a few. A person can certainly argue their own case pro se, diagnose their own illnesses, and do all the legwork and paperwork necessary to buy or sell a house. So why don't we get rid of them? Mainly because we aren't professionals and can fall into many unforeseen traps, or because we haven't the time or energy to do a thorough job of it. Certainly there are disreputable rv brokers out there, but at least some of them must be providing decent service or they wouldn't be in business long. 

There are a lot of then I'd go for eliminating, but as individuals, not as a group.  As far as being in business a long time  I know many scrupuless auto and a couple RV dealers that have been in business many many years and continue to shaft the public as do many lawyers and others mentioned, so to me that doesn't cut it, that they won't last.  Customer care by a responsible dealer is important and Discounters don't offer that.

Do they do anything to inspect a used coach?

They meaning rvdirect.com? No.  Actually, for used Rvs they appear to be running nothing more than a classified ad site along with ads from "featured dealers".  "featured" probably means dealers who have placed substantial advertising with the site. You will get a wider selection at RV classified ad sites such as rvtrader.net and rvclassified.com.

Don't expect much inspection of used rigs, no matter what the salesman may say they do.  As with any used vehicle, you will get only what you negotiate for at time of sale.  Rv dealers rarely pre-check used rigs - the general attitude is "fix what the customer demands" and avoid anything else. So ask for thorough checks, oil and fluid changes, full propane tanks, and demonstrations that appliances work with you present to see the results. And ask for a 15-30 day post sale grace period to report items found to be defective after you drive off the lot. They will probably balk at the word "warranty" for a used vehicle, but you may be able to get a concession for late-found defects.

Back
Top Bottom