RVing Gifts for Christmas - Ideas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ochidoc

I need just a few more little " Fun " gifts for the hubby for Chistmas, and thought I might turn to you~ the experts  ~ for some ideas .  Can you think of any useful toys/gadgets?  I purchased a book on Civil War " road trips  "  .... UGH  :(  So you know I love him if I'm willing to go visit battlefields!  But I need some thing fun and creative !  HELP!?!  We are only a year into this RVing, so we don't have much fun stuff yet.

Doc

Kathy,

Its the " Complete Civil War Road Trip Guide" , by Michael Weeks.  I picked it up at Barnes and Noble.  Im afraid its one book Im going to live to regret!  At least I will get a lot of reading done while he and my son traipse through the battle fields!    ;)

Oh,..... and Seilerbird - very funny.  We still haven't gotten our little 33 footer back from the repair shop since October !  .. but thats another post. 

"We are only a year into this RVing, so we don't have much fun stuff yet."
Well pick out some fun stuff, For instance what would make it easier for both of you to do.  Is it backing- get a back up camera.  Is it getting lost-- get a GPS.
Is a foam mattress? That is what we got last year--BOY is it ever nice.
Being it is still in the shop; maybe you should concentrate on being better this next year ;D

If you read; Kindle(s)
If he's handy; Tools (pwr drill, wrench set, driver/socket set - Lowes has them all over, ....)
If you compute; Back up drive(s) - see Best Buy
If you listen; Serious XM
If he's curious how its running; Scan Gauge, Tire pr. monitoring system
If you compute; WiFi Hot Spot
If he's gregarious; FMCA-, Escapee's-, ..., memberships

Otherwise; what he thinks he wants!

Ernie

I just recently saw a heated water hose for camping in the winter months so your water line doesn't freeze. I thought one of those would be pretty neat to have. I think they range from $50 - $100.

Wife and I don't exchange , She buys what she wants  and I buy what I want. Both are happy.

I just sent the link to 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' asking for it for Christmas.  It is the 150th anniversary so we were going to see as much as possible. Thanks for the idea.

maverickbbd said:
I just sent the link to 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' asking for it for Christmas.  It is the 150th anniversary so we were going to see as much as possible. Thanks for the idea.

And what link was that?

The book Watch it Made in the USA has factory tours in every state, some of which are really interesting.

Also National Geographic has a really nice hard cover book Complete National Parks of the United States.  It includes on a state-by-state basis all the national parks, monuments, historical sites.  We received it as a gift and we use it.

ArdraF

These aren't just RV-friendly gifts, they're also good for others, but they're for sure good for RVers:

Memberships are always good - FMCA, Sam's Club, Elks

Restaurant Gift Cards - RVers love to eat

NPS park pass - Senior if you qualify, annual for a special park, annual America the Beautiful pass

Going to or near an amusement or other type park? How about tickets?

Movie tickets

Have fun shopping.
Wendy
San Elijo State Beach, CA

I was going to resist the urge to say a candy apple red, 1956 T-Bird convertible, but I just can't help myself. 

On the serious side, and since you mentioned books, I'd suggest a Kindle if you don't have one. I have never been one to have the latest gadget so I was a bit leery of all the hype about them.  I purchased one about a month ago and now I couldn't do without it.

Since you're "stuck" going to the battlefields, perhaps buying him an America the Beautiful park pass would be a utilitarian gift that would then provide entry fee discounts.

The best gift might be that you pretend to enjoy his slobbering over a civil war cannon at Gettysburg.  ;D ;D

If I can't eat it or drink it, please don't send it to me for any occassion!
Thanks.

Bill Adams said:
If I can't eat it or drink it, please don't send it to me for any occassion!
Thanks.

Guess you'd enjoy those restaurant gift cards, then, eh? Just don't try to eat the cards !!!

Anyone here know of a way to convince the DW that I need a 40-45 footer Newel for Christmas? [No slides if possible!]

Lee

Back
Top Bottom