Rving on the 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SldiersWife

:-[ is it too late to find somewhere for us during the 4th of July?? We are new to Rving and stupid me didnt even THINK about planning ahead!? I sure know now!

We are trying for San Diego area, or maybe San Fransico.  Hubby had a thought of pacific Dunes ranch Rv resort.  Anyone been there?

It will probably be too late to make reservationsi for state parks, but you might still get into private campgrounds.

We were on the road in the Maritimes on July 2 two years ago when I received an email from forum staffer Gary Brinck saying there was space at the campground where he was staying in Maine. So we spend several days over the 4th with Gary and his wife Nancy.was a sta

We've RV'd in California for approx 20 years and I can't recall making a reservation, holiday or other time. Only once were we unable to get in and had to drive to an alternate campground.

But, reservations will ensure you have a place to stay. So make the phone calls.

Thanks for your reply :)

We are calling and calling.  Another question for you, if its first come first serve and you arrive on wed night or thurs odds are good?  We were heading out June 29th.  Down in San Diego on a base (unsure which one) we were told it was first come first serve.  Scary driving 4 hours to get there and nothing available lol

Been there done that as have many others.? ?Just flow with the tide.? Keep cool and enjoy the RV life.  That was in Feb (BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR) and the post was secured.  Really checked us over.

Another question for you, if its first come first serve and you arrive on wed night or thurs odds are good?
Eh, that's open for debate. Tuesday or Wednesday might be better bacause the previous weekend's visitor will have left, and the next batch would most likely arrive on Thurday or Friday. Check with the manager and ask what the normal pattern is. On big Holiday weekends, all bets are off since many people include them in a 1,2,(3...) week vacation.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom