Sad News - Dreamsends Linda Ellis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shorts

Linda was found in her trailer September 18th by a deputy sheriff in Utah after neighbors requested a wellness check. They believe she had been dead for a couple of days. When I spoke to her at the end of August, she was having trouble with her breathing and had an appointment with her pulmonologist in Phoenix, I believe in October. They did an autopsy in Salt Lake City but I don’t know the results. I did gather though that her death was from natural causes.

Linda was cremated on September 24th and her remains are currently in Indianapolis, IN. Linda has no relatives so her friend, Pat Markowski of Indianapolis is serving as Executor and will be making arrangements for a Memorial Service at a later date. Assisting her is the Pastor Dave McClain at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Indianapolis (317-823-7115). He is going to let me know when they have made the arrangements for her Memorial Service.

The Pastor did let me know that Linda’s cat did get safely delivered to the Best Friends Refuge in Utah as she had requested in her will.

Linda will be greatly missed. She truly enjoyed the freedom of traveling on her own and exploring the country. I so enjoyed our talks! RIP Linda.

Vicki

Sad news indeed -- thanks for letting us know. She was a lot of fun at Quartzsite and helped liven things up a bit. She'll be missed.

Very sorry to hear this news. We got to know Linda very well the last time we were at Quartzsite, very independent and capable lady, and she will be missed by all who had the pleasure of her company.
RIP Linda

Sad news. Unfortunately, we didn't have the pleasure of meeting in person.

Linda was great to have around the campfire,,she was well read and knowledgeable.. I loved to rib her because she always rose to the bait and then things got lively,, We will miss her this year at "Q"..>>>Dan

Theresa & I enjoyed time spent with Linda and will miss her around the KOFA and Q campfires.
Here's a picture of her at a Q campfire Jan 29th, 2019Linda Ellis.JPG

Linda will be missed. We met her at KOFA and got to know her while hiking in the area. She was fun to be around and a great conversationalist. May she rest in peace.

I believe Linda was 72 or thereabouts. She was a keen environmentalist and had a BA in Zoology & Chemistry and an MS in Environmental Science both from the Indiana University Bloomington.

Her mom had passed away earlier in January 2021 at the grand old age of 101.

Steve and I met Linda when in the Tetons in 2019. We spent several days with her there getting to know her and hear about her wilder younger years. It seemed that she had a very full, happy and active life. She was such an intelligent lady full of interesting conversations.

We met up with her again in West Yellowstone. She spent a full day touring the park with and got to see lots of wildlife, she was happy not to be driving. We had breakfast with her before we left. A few days later she fell off a horse and spent several painful weeks in hospital and eventually recovered and got back on the road.

We emailed each other often. She was always so cheerful and full of good advice and was such an inspiration.

Linda brought a lot of joy to our lives in such a short time and we were deeply saddened to hear of her passing. She spent her last years doing what she loved and that, I guess, is just how she would have hoped her dreams would end. Rest in Peace dear lady.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-195811_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-195811_LinkedIn.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190731_122028.jpg
    20190731_122028.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190731_122042.jpg
    20190731_122042.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 19
We only met briefly but Linda seemed like a really nice lady and I always enjoyed following her comments and adventures. She will be missed by many.

ArdraF

We are very sad to learn of Linda’s passing. I enjoyed getting to know her at the KOFA get togethers and when we were staying at the same RV park in Tucson last winter.
Linda was a very knowledgeable person and she made excellent contributions to the forum.

She was also very personable and friendly, a lot of fun to be around. We will miss her.

Services for Linda will be November 18, 2021 at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 8115 Oaklandon Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46236. Visitation is at 10:00 am with the Service following at 11:00 am.

I am not sure yet if we are going to be able to attend, but we are going to try to be there.

Vicki

Vicki, I searched online for an obituary but didn't find anything. Do you know if Linda specified any organizations for donations in lieu of flowers?

We will be there in spirit. I hope there will be an obituary and an opportunity to donate as I would like to also. If you find out Vicki please let us know.

Vicki, I searched online for an obituary but didn't find anything. Do you know if Linda specified any organizations for donations in lieu of flowers?
Sorry, I have not been online for a couple of days. My grandsons high school marching band went to state finals yesterday and him being a Senior and the Drum Major this year, we have had a lot of events this past “State Finals Week” to attend.

I looked for an obituary also and didn’t find one. I will check with the church tomorrow and see what I can find out and report back.
Vicki

Linda had two organizations listed for donations:
Holy Cross Lutheran Church
8115 Oaklandon Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46236

And:
Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
5001 Angel Canyon Rd
Kanab, UT 84741
435-644-2001
Memorial Donations can be made online at Bestfriends.org
No-kill shelter for rescued domestic and farm animals, with adoptions and volunteer opportunities.

From Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

"On any given day, up to 1,600 animals call Best Friends Animal Sanctuary a home-between-homes. Dogs, cats, bunnies, birds, horses, pigs and other barnyard animals come here from all over the country, each and every one seeking a safe haven where they can find refuge, love and acceptance. If you've never visited before, a grand tour is the best way to take in the beauty of the red rock canyon while also getting an overview of the different areas of the Sanctuary. Additionally, each of the animal areas has its own tour, so you have the option of taking a deeper dive into particular areas of interest. A guided hiking tour is also available. Ready to experience the magic of the Sanctuary? Let us be your guide!"

Father Dave McClain extended an invitation to anyone who may be attending the service on the 18th to stay after for a meal. (Service info in post #15) He would just like to know ahead of time as they are currently planning on a very small number of people. You can post here if you are close by and plan to attend or you can call the church at 317-823-5501.

Vicki

Back
Top Bottom