Safari Trek and other Motor Homes with bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waynef54

I've been looking to buy a used motorhome. I like the design of the Safari Trek with the bed above the living area as there would only be me and my wife traveling in it. My question is there any other class a motor homes with a bed like the trek

We decided against the Trek even though we liked it because when one person goes to bed the other person has to be relatively quiet.  Think noise of TV, lights, etc.  We think it's more suitable to a person traveling alone - and it would be great for that.  We know one couple who had one for about a year and traded it in on a more traditional design.  They liked it but....

ArdraF

My Trend has the bed that comes down from the ceiling over the dinette.  For our reunion, my cousin uses that bed.  (There?s also a permanent bed in the back.) 

She says it?s comfortable, and she doesn?t have to make it each day ? just keeps the sheet and blanket from hanging over the side, presses the switch, and up it goes. The issues are the ladder which winds up pretty steep and with narrow rungs.  The space under the bed when it?s down is un-usable.  If you consider this type of bed, check the weight limit as mine is 250 pounds.

I have a 2002 Safari Trek 2830, in fact my wife and I are in it right now on day 5 of a 10 day trip.  There are a few coaches out there that have bed in the ceiling, but the only other one that has a ceiling bed and no bedroom is the 2003-2004 Holiday Rambler Traveler, at the time Monaco owned both Safari and Holiday Rambler, they introduced the Traveler is a cheaper version of Trek, lacking the full body paint, real wood cabinet work, etc. of the standard Trek.  They had tried much the same thing a year earlier with the Trek Sport, a 2002 only offering.

The Trek's are not for everyone, and yes there is a private space issues being just one big room, other than the bathroom, but show me any other sub 30 foot coach with nearly 7 feet of kitchen countertop space and a bathroom where you can't touch opposing walls at the same time.

p.s. there are a few Safari Trek designs that do give the potential of separate space, though they do make other compromises, for example the 2004-2005? Trek 30PBS with the forward bathroom just behind the drivers seat, making the cockpit area isolated from the living space, at the cost of having a small bathroom.  Or the 31SBD which puts the bathroom between the kitchen and the living/bed room in the  back, which makes it a bit more like the typical bedroom layout, though with a bedroom/living room convertible room.

Back
Top Bottom