Salt Lake City MiniRally 5/20/2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KodiakRV

The Gorbers and the Arthurs got together today at Pony Express RV Resort in Salt Lake City for a post-Moab MiniRally.  Donna & Cheryl reviewed the results of our genealogy research and Ed & I discussed RV plumbing.  :D

Left-to-right in the picture are Ed, Frank, Donna, and Cheryl.

Attachments

• 1-_MFA2016.JPG
    1-_MFA2016.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 47
    Thanks for the posting and for the coffee along with the beautiful weather.  Enjoy the rest of your trip, and have a few more mini rallies along the way.  We expect that this will be the first of several post Moab mini-rallies here in Salt Lake City for us.

Ed & Donna

KodiakRV said:
The Gorbers and the Arthurs got together today at Pony Express RV Resort in Salt Lake City for a post-Moab MiniRally.

I hope you got outside to see the eclipse.

KodiakRV said:
The Gorbers and the Arthurs got together today at Pony Express RV Resort in Salt Lake City for a post-Moab MiniRally.  Donna & Cheryl reviewed the results of our genealogy research and Ed & I discussed RV plumbing.  :D

Left-to-right in the picture are Ed, Frank, Donna, and Cheryl.

We are here in Space C8, and we are leaving tomorrow morning.  We'd love to get together and say "Hi!" if you get this message in time.  We don't know how to find you because the office is closed. 

Dean & Linda Stock said:
We are here in Space C8, and we are leaving tomorrow morning.  We'd love to get together and say "Hi!" if you get this message in time.  We don't know how to find you because the office is closed.
Cheryl and I stopped by for a quick hello and found that Ed was there ahead of us.  I've been enjoying Linda's trip reports for years, so it was good to finally meet them. 

Sometimes framily just pops up when you least expect it.  8)

I said the first of several mini-rallies, well, it grew before our eyes.  As you can see, Dean & Linda are here in Pony Express too.  Frank, Cheryl and I went over to say hello, Donna was at the coach planning her attack at the LDS Research Center tomorrow.  I hadn't seen the Stocks since Quartzsite 2010, and Frank & Cheryl had never met them.  Isn't framily grand, Frank and Linda had exchanged information on the Forum, but it is always nice to meet face to face.
    Safe traveling to both of you who leave in the morning.

Ed

We are up the road at Brigham City, Golden Spikes, and have learned we can do our research from the local extension of the genealogy library. We will be here all week. We had to miss a dinner tonight but have enjoyed watching it snow in the upper elevations today.

Christi bought a new Apple computer in SLC yesterday so we have been busy!

[quote author=skyking4ar2]... we can do our research from the local extension of the genealogy library.[/quote]

Just curious if you have full access to the database in SLC.

Tom I spoke with one of the Senior volunteers at the LDS Research Library when picking Donna up today.  Basically, the Bringham City would provide much the same as any LDS research center, with access to anything that is on line.  He was not sure if it had access to Ancestry.com, as some centers do, while others don't.
    What they do not have is full access to all microfilm, micro-fish or books, although they are undergoing a major project to digitize their book collection to make it available on-line at their FamilyResearch.org site, here's the link:  http://books.familysearch.org/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?dscnt=1&dstmp=1338247093028&vid=FHD_PUBLIC&fromLogin=true
    Hope that answers your question, so depending on what you are researching, you likely will still need to visit the main Library.  I know, Donna has to.

Ed

Thanks for that information Ed, much appreciated.

Tom, and anyone else who is interested, I forgot to mention that the link is a search engine, so if you want to see what books on Jones they have available, just type in Jones and search and up will come everyone they have digitized, and you can download any of them in a PDF format.

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom