Sample test post with "extras"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brother you got that old txrd Polished up! Looking like a Diamond in a Goat's Behind.

That was a Compliment...BTW, LOL

You ought to stop by Bad Water, Tx for a 20 oz Cup of Napthalene.

How are you Traversing thru Texas on your route out west to see your old friends?

JD

Hey JD - Just saw this post of yours - getting used to the new software...

My plans are really evolving. Looks like now we should head from Live Oak FL to Lake Mead for my Birthday around May 8th. Haven't figured out a route yet but I10 is the obvious choice.

If we can fit a stop in we definitely will...

I will prolly be here in May, No real plans at that time.

Give me a couple days notice and I can park my RV out at the lake at one of my Friends Houses, and I will throw some BBQ some Ribs on the smoker. I have 30 amp connection on my Porch here at the house and 33 ft covered place.

If the BBQ was not tempting enough, that road Highway 71 North out of Austin, Turns into Highway 87 (Just Designated the New IH 27, BTW) will route you thru "Eden, TX" the true Geographic (GPS) center of Texas. Something to tell the Grand Kids...LOL. They do have a Garden of Eden, BTW.

Inks lake is Right off Highway 71, East Llano at Burnett. Great State Park. Inks Lake Pic attached.

We are a bit out of the way of IH 10 you would have to route thru Northerly thru Marble Falls On Highway 71 coming out of Austin, on Departure you could pick a Hill Country Spot or Leave out thru Mertzon on 67 out thru Big Lake and link back up on IH 10 at Ft Stockton. These bit old lumbering beasts I travel so slow, 60-65 tops I love the back roads. My class C, I get a push of air when the 18 wheelers are close, so I prefer the back roads.

There are alot of wide open spaces here in Texas, so I know it is hard to just pop in when you are talking mileage 900 + North to South, and Over 800 Miles east to west.

If you are traversing the country I can see you have alot of ground to travel between point A and B. Hopefully the gas prices don't put you in the poor house. Not LOL.

JD

Attachments

• 20210120_115043.jpg
    20210120_115043.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210121_101931.jpg
    20210121_101931.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 6
We'll play the drop in by ear. I have a lot going on in prep for retirement.

The May trip was originally a fly-in trip for my 60th birthday. Our group has a tradition of "blowing it out" whenever anyone has a birthday with a "0" after it so we always had this trip on the calendar. Covid shook those plans up and now it's a drive trip.

But we save 2 airfares (I'm bringing one of the guys) and RV lingering is socially distant friendly. Arizona buddy has a boat so that's the plan.

Throw in the decision to early retire and move to Florida means I gotta get back to Dayton to close out the house and the job before end of May.

I close on the property this week and between now and end of May hope to get the property "habitable" for the RV. It's not a must do but I am paying "rent" in the RV park and would like to stop doing that...

So yeah - I've created a heck of a lot of action items for myself. Hopefully after the retirement I'll be over the hump and can slow the freak down a bit - LOL...

Jym,

Add both Inks Lake and Garner State Park to the TX Park Lists worth Visiting. Garner, right on the Frio River is Great too!!

The Frio is like the New Braunfels area...meaning that they both are popular Tubing Spots with Recreators.

JD

Jym,

Add both Inks Lake and Garner State Park to the TX Park Lists worth Visiting. Garner, right on the Frio River is Great too!!

The Frio is like the New Braunfels area...meaning that they both are popular Tubing Spots with Recreators.

JD
Will do-- thanks.

We spend quite a bit of time at TX State Parks in the winter due in part to friends & family around the state as well as a desire to escape NE winters. So, how'd that work out for us this year? Uh.... not so well given we were stuck south of Houston during the worst part of the recent cold/storms. :confused:

I have a custom map I made with Google Maps showing all TX State Parks broken down by Full (red) and Electric Only (purple) to help with the trip planning:

txparks.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom