Sam's Camp Minnie Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
The minnie rally at Sam's Camp began today with the arrival of Smoky and Sharon.  We had also expected Liz and Jack to arrive shortly after but South of Roundup they were turned  around back to Billings due to a fire that had crossed the road.  Amazing Smoky had traveled the same route around two earlier and seen no sign of the fire.  Jack and Liz are expected tomorrow and are spending the night in Billings.  We are looking forward to their arrival.

Attachments

• Sam's Camp Rally 1 (Large).jpg
    Sam's Camp Rally 1 (Large).jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Sam's Camp rally 2 (Large).jpg
    Sam's Camp rally 2 (Large).jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 76
Ron:

Sorry we can't make it but we will just have to continue being exposed to the loow 70's temperatures of Puget Sound.  ;D ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Ron:

Sorry we can't make it but we will just have to continue being exposed to the loow 70's temperatures of Puget Sound.? ;D ;D
Isn't it raining there?  Or did you luck out ad arrive the week or so they have summer? ??? ??? ??? ;D

The mini rally is proceeding with lots of fun!  Jack and Liz arrived early today.  Yesterday the Admiral and I passed fire engines, ambulances and police cars tearing in the opposite direction.  Also a big tanker filled with water.  We knew something had happened behind us, but we never saw a wisp of smoke.  And no, Wendy, we did not make it to Sam's Fishing Camp because we took up both sides of the road on the way up there, heheh.  ;D ;D

I am excited and happy to report that Ron enabled me to pass through the fires of the DW7000 without anything biting us.  Well, maybe a little nibble when I forgot to turn off my Norton Internet Security and popup blocker.  But once we figured that out the upgrade went smoothly.

I now am experiencing speed that remind me of our cable Internet days before we went fulltiming.  Whoooosh!  ;D ;D ;D

Smoky:

There is not a problem that can't be solved by call 1-900-RON-HELP.

Jim Dick said:
Ron,

where did the house on the hill come ??? I don't remember that from our visit.

The house has always been there. We had the cottonwood trees removed that may have blocked it from your view.

Didn't affect the shade all that much but did eliminate the chance of getting a rotten cottonwood tree from falling on a rig parked here.  Cottonwoods tend to rot from the center out which two of the three cut down had already done.  Besides makes for better Satellite reception.

I like it with the trees removed.  Also, it looks like it makes it easier for the SAT dish.  Nice photos.

JerryF

Yes we agree it is better with those garbage cottonwood removed.  I do feel more comfortable that they are gone too. I always worried that they might drop a limb.

Hope you guys are having a great time.

The Sam's Camp Minnie Rally continues.  Sam, Liz, Cole, Jack and Smoky are shown setting around enjoying the late afternoon air behind the rigs.  Next is a shot of Cole and Jack on the lake fishing.  Next photo was taken after sunset of the rigs at Sam's Camp.

Attachments

• P1000799 (Medium).JPG
    P1000799 (Medium).JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Jack & Cole Fishing (Medium).jpg
    Jack & Cole Fishing (Medium).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Sam's Camp after sunset (Medium).jpg
    Sam's Camp after sunset (Medium).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 55
Smoky departed this morning heading out to Kalispel.  Enjoyed having Smoky here at the Sam's Camp Minnie rally.  Drive safe Smoky.  The first photo today is of Liz caught taking a photo of her grandson Cole showing one of the fish it caught today.  Had a great supper eating today's catch prepared by Jack.  The next photo shows Jack and Cole preparing the days catch.

Attachments

• Grndma & Grndpa and Cole (Large).jpg
    Grndma & Grndpa and Cole (Large).jpg
    161 KB · Views: 47
  • P1000806 (Large).JPG
    P1000806 (Large).JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 48
Sadly I had to leave the mini rally.  Sending this evening at the WalMart in Great Falls.  A very pleasant place and lots of good groceries to fill the pantry with.  One of the rare occasions I have to "Bach" it in the MH.  tomorrow heading out for the Canyon RV & Campground in Hungry Horse near West Glacier.  They advertise a full hookup with 50 amp at sites a few hundred feet from the Flathead River at $32.  Good price!  Plan to fish there for 4 or 5 days.  Then on to Kalispell to hook up with the Admiral.  And maybe Jeff and Sue will be meeting us there next week as well.

At the mini rally at Sam's Camp, I must say I was VERY impressed with Cole.  He is quite an adult young man and very smart.  I wish you well Cole and best of luck with your schooling.  Even though some day I will be watching you on TV playing in the Big Show!

Ron said:
The house has always been there. We had the cottonwood trees removed that may have blocked it from your view.

Now I remember there were trees behind us. Never saw the house.

With the departure of Jack, Liz and their grandson Cole this morning the first Sam's Camp Minnie rally of 2006 has come to an end.? With the fishing and other activities only but a memory now.? We are looking forward to the next Sam's Camp Minnie rally.

Ron:

I forgot to ask you a question when I was there.  With your plan to change your "winterization" procedures, are you still planning to come to
QZ this January?

Smoky said:
Ron:

I forgot to ask you a question when I was there.? With your plan to change your "winterization" procedures, are you still planning to come to
QZ this January?

Undecided.  We will be in South Texas this year but haven't decide on traveling to QZ.

Ron,
When are you leaving Lewistown?  Nancy & I finish up our job here on Sept 8 and will probably be on the road by Sept. 11.  We will head towards Montana if you & Sam are still in residence there - otherwise we will probably go direct to Wyoming (Jackson Hole area) to see some friends there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom