Samsung galaxy III ot Galaxy II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jim and di said:
Barb, Just discovered this talking texting. Left handed also and this is great. Now I can text with the Grands and keep up.
Talking texting does work just fine. However it makes me wonder why not just call the person up and talk directly?

Tom,
Mostly because the Grands do not talk on the phone. I could call and leave a message and some day I might get a return call. if i text they answer quickly.
Jim

jim and di said:
Tom,
Mostly because the Grands do not talk on the phone. I could call and leave a message and some day I might get a return call. if i text they answer quickly.
I understand completely Jim, I am just joking around. I should have used smileys.

... the Grands do not talk on the phone.

A week ago I received a rare email from an adult/married grandson. It went something like ...

"I finally got time to sit down and write an email ...."

It ended with ....

"I'll be back in touch the old fashioned way sometime." (Translation ... old fashioned = via email, rather than Facebook or text via cell phone.)

I feel like a dinosaur  :(

Aye Jim, that's so true. A number of folks in their 30's and 40's we deal with daily will only "talk" via text or Facebook.

I too must be a dinosaur. I flat out refuse to use social media or do any texting. Either call me or email me if you wish to converse. Or come and visit me.

Guess I'm in the same boat as Tom & Tom; why type (without a proper keyboard yet) when you can talk. We had "talk" programs on Unix waay back in the '70s and '80s, but even with a proper keyboard it was awkward, compared to the phone.

The generation gap is alive and well, and even bigger than it used to be.

OTOH several clubs I'm active in have members who see me as the young kid, and dragging some of these folks into the world of email and web sites is often a challenge. Many won't communicate via anything but two tin cans and a piece of string. The few who are ahead of the curve are oblivious to the need for online security.

jim and di said:
I learn more about my kids and grands on facebook than in person or email. A new world.
Jim

AMEN!!  I would be totally ignorant of what the grand kids and great GKs are doing if not for FB and texting.  I am being drug into these whether or not I am ready.  Pat is even worse but Lorna trned her on but the learning curve is really tough for her.  I just upgraded  our 2 pads and my cell phone to Ice Cream Sandwich and it is like learning them all over again.  Not really but it feels that way most of the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom