San Diego - Swee****er regoinal park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Has anyone stayed at Swee****er Regoial park in San Diego County?? Is it a nice play to stay 4 or 5 days.

I am looking for an alternative tp Chula Vista RV Resort as a base to vist San Diego this summer.

Ken

We stayed at Chula Vista last month, it is a really nice park.  It backs up to a city park, right on the bay, marina pretty too.

Ken & Sheila said:
Has anyone stayed at Swee****er Regoial park in San Diego County?? Is it a nice play to stay 4 or 5 days.

I am looking for an alternative tp Chula Vista RV Resort as a base to vist San Diego this summer.

Ken

The times we tried to get into CVM&RV it was filled so we wound up at the Chula Vista KOA. This was pre-satellite and I remember a lot of trees tho, so not sure about reception :D The city bus makes a stop right in the park and takes you to the trolley to get to SD or Mexico. We liked it.

Ken and Shiela,

We've stayed at Swee****er Regional Park.  You need to know it's also a park for horsecamping so there will be horses there.  When we stayed there we had the horses and a truck camper.  I wasn't all that impressed.  If I remember the sites are small.  I can't remember any hookups either.

There is another relatively unknown park off of Highway 52 near the #15 & 52 junction called Santee Park.  They have full hookups.  It's not as lush as Chula Vista; but it's in a good location, is a lot less expensive, is gated and near Mission Trails Regional park which is a nice place for hikes.  It's more north of San Diego whereas Swee****er is east. 

Let me know if you need any more information, we live just north of San Diego.

Marsha~

Maraha,  Bernie and cedar41,

Thanks for the input. We have stayed at Chula Vista marina & RV Park, but find the sites small and hate their charges for pets (last time we were there we had 4 strictly inside cats. $16 bucks for the "privilege" on top of the already high fees.)

Ken

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Ken and Shiela,

We've stayed at Swee****er Regional Park.? You need to know it's also a park for horsecamping so there will be horses there.? When we stayed there we had the horses and a truck camper.? I wasn't all that impressed.? If I remember the sites are small.? I can't remember any hookups either.

There is another relatively unknown park off of Highway 52 near the #15 & 52 junction called Santee Park.? They have full hookups.? It's not as lush as Chula Vista; but it's in a good location, is a lot less expensive, is gated and near Mission Trails Regional park which is a nice place for hikes.? It's more north of San Diego whereas Swee****er is east.?

Let me know if you need any more information, we live just north of San Diego.

Marsha~

The Swee****er campgrounds is fun with na group, but we consider it too remote to be convenient for other activities. The Olympic Village is nearby and a interesting tour.

I'd also endorse Santee Lakes RV Campgrounds. It's run by a water district and has full hookups. I'd advise checking soon for reservations as it's popular. A lot of children as families flock there.

Chula Vista KOA has been mentioned and it's a nice, quiet spot.

By all means, avoid Campland by the Bay. It's run downhill for several years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom