Sand dollars for eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayflight

I love making different types of cookies and deserts. With the up and coming holidays I seem to gain a few ounces;) in the process, more than the rest of the time of year too. I had a request for a special event coming up and the theme is Mermaids and sea creatures. So my wonderful bride and I are working to create several theme based cookies. We are proud of how these came out.

Attachments

• DSC09190.JPG
    DSC09190.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 23
Looks like a pan old sand dollars!
If you are speaking about the color shades, Sand Dollars in the live state are not bleached out white. They are actually darker and when live they give off a yellowish stain on decks. But the brownish shade, created by a blend of powdered sugar and cinnamon meets the gold shade of some beach sand along the shore at low tide and some shells that gets added to future cookies.

f8748b5cf0035017f0c626f0241abf34.jpg

If you are speaking about the color shades, Sand Dollars in the live state are not bleached out white. They are actually darker and when live they give off a yellowish stain on decks. But the brownish shade, created by a blend of powdered sugar and cinnamon meets the gold shade of some beach sand along the shore at low tide and some shells that gets added to future cookies.

f8748b5cf0035017f0c626f0241abf34.jpg
I meant to say “Pan of sand dollars” not “old sand dollars".

Last edited by a moderator:
Cookies? Looks interesting.

Have you seen that cooking show on the Discovery Channel (Streaming), about the Halloween bake off, and they came out with another one now about Holiday (Christmas) bake off. Really interesting baking "things" these people come up with. Your's would fit right in with that program!

Looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love making different types of cookies and deserts. With the up and coming holidays I seem to gain a few ounces;) in the process, more than the rest of the time of year too. I had a request for a special event coming up and the theme is Mermaids and sea creatures. So my wonderful bride and I are working to create several theme based cookies. We are proud of how these came out.
Where’s the recipe? My DW was asking

Those look yummy and fun

Back
Top Bottom