Sandy Prep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taigarazz

Our small CampLite TT is in our driveway and we are at ground zero here in Lewes DE. I had emptied and winterized last weekend. Today I filled the fresh water tank for weight, made sure Allen windows and vents shut tight, wheels chocked. Anything else I should do?

Put your levelers down for some added stability. Additionally I'd plug it in to keep the battery charged and start the refrigerator, just in case you lose power. Fill the propane tanks.

Boy Scout motto is "Be Prepared". I take that a step further. Be prepared or prepare to be miserable.

Irover said:
;) Thin I would be unwinterizing it and hooking it to my vehicle and be prepped to get out of the way! Best to You and Be Safe! Irover

Hook it up and leave if you can.  But if you can't, like was posted above, batteries charged, propane full, and generator with gasoline if you have one.  Plenty of drinking water, stocked with food.  You may have an extended stay in it.

Best of luck to you....keep us posted.

I was in a storm once and the campground owner came around to the sites and told the people to park their cars right next to their rigs, on the side the wind would be coming from.  The theory was that RVs are built to allow wind to go under them and that's what tips them over and parking a lower car next to them partially stopped that.  Most of us did what he suggested and had no problem.  Some did not and the next morning they were strewn around, with their wheels up.  Something to try anyway.  Might make a difference.  I hope you don't have to find out and the suggestion to get out of town, if possible, is your best move I would think.

Irover said:
;) Thin I would be unwinterizing it and hooking it to my vehicle and be prepped to get out of the way! Best to You and Be Safe! Irover

I agree with Irover, unless the news is putting more hype into it I was thinking Delaware is going to be in bad shape.  I just saw news coverage of Ocean City, Maryland and boy those waves looked huge and from what I gather the storm isn't even near hitting yet.

Stay safe and be prepared the best you can.

Back
Top Bottom