Sanicon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scalloper1

Does anyone know where a fuse for a sanicon system on 2005 HR Navigator or possibly other high end Monaco coaches of the same year would be located? It ran fine when I winterized the coach, but motor does not start now. May be switch or stuck impeller but need to check fuse first and can?t seem to locate it. I opened black tank and switched on sanicon, now have a mess if I can?t start sanicon. Lesson always check sanicon before opening tank! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I do not know where the fuse is but a quick way to find out if it is good is to simply use a test  light and see if you have 12 volts at the switch or motor.

Most fuses for the "house" systems are all in the same place but if you have Sanicon there may be one near the motor.. DO NOT KNOW.. DO NOT HAVE ONE.. On my Flo-Jet portable it is hidding in the switch handle but you do not have the same handle on an "installed" sani-con.. You do however. have the same pump.

To use a test light...  I use an automotive test light. Looks a bit like an old fashion ice pick (in fact could be used as one) but the handle is plastic and clear or amber colored with a light bulb inside and a wire coming out with a clip on the end.

To use as a house fuse tester...
Fine a good ground for the clip. Probe the small Square "Window" on any fuse. if it does not light probe a couple more. then re-check ground clip  Or re-seat bulb (i often had to do that).

now once light lights probe both windows on the fuses. the one where only one lights.. That's the bad one

I don't have a Sanicon, but made an equivalent system using the same pump and my own hoses. The fuse for my home-made system is in the switch, but in yours it could be anywhere close to the motor/pump.

Thx for the advice everyone, All of us really appreciate the timely answering and help that you provide.

Checked switch and had power, started disassembling sanicon, after climbing under motor home and taking out mounting screws, I was jostling sanicon box and it started running. Removed cover off motor box and saw light corrosion on switch connections, cleaned terminals and replaced connectors. Working fine now. Still haven?t located a fuse for system though. Thx everyone for the help.

Glad you got it fixed, and thanks for the feedback. Hopefully, this will help someone else in the future.

Back
Top Bottom