Sanitizing your CPAP device

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SoClean was first to market and with success their ad budget is now large. Yes it works.  There is a competitor using a light wave system (don?t recal details) about same price.  Introduced at MED show in Oct (arriving late Jan) a bag system, uses ozone, retail priced $100 under SoClean.  They will challenge with price AND bag much smaller for travel. (No link yet, but I checked it out at show).
  With all the ozone systems, as suggested above, give it a while to airout.  Try to use distilled water in humidifier.  Poster who bought a used one, change the disposable and if it has the permanent filter (might help).

I purchased one of the little ozone generating cleaning units on ebay for $20. Took a long time to get it from China, but it looks exactly the same as the $40 units. I have been busy on other projects, consequently haven't gotten around to checking it out.

i just change out everything every couple months, as kaiser pays for it all. shipped to me for nothing.
but then i rarely use water.

Clay L said:
I looked into the SoClean system and found that it uses ozone to kill germs and mold but does not clean the surfaces, You still need to clean them in some way and if done properly that will kill the germs and mold also.
After 14 years of CPAP use I am much more lackadaisical about cleaning than when I first started. I use a solution of Dawn and water and clean the mask every month or so. I use distilled  water so have no deposits in the humidifier but I do spray some Clorox Bleach Spray Cleaner in it and rinse it really well - maybe every six months or so. Once or twice a year I put vinegar in the hose and slosh it back and forth some and then rinse it.

Attachments

• What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
    What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom