Sarah Hale - RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daisy

I haven't been here for a long while, but thought I'd best come back for a sad announcement.  Those who remember Saral Hale will be unhappy to hear that she passed away a few hours ago. 

Sarah was a former forumite, from the early days, and one of the firsts to attend the QZ rallies.  She was a fun loving spirit, and everyone she met was an instant friend.  She traveled with her friend "Elliot," who was supposed to protect her on her solo journeys around the country, but he was such a slug and just sat there like a rubber lump.  Never spoke a word.  But she loved him and kept him long after she had to leave the RV world.  Sarah developed Ataxia in her early 50s and has fought it valiantly for many years.  We will miss you Sarah, and especially your spirit.  Happy travels my friend, and stay between the lines as you go.

Daisy

Sarah was perhaps the most cheerful and optimistic person I have ever known.  She worked on the North Slope in Alaska and left her RV parked down below so that she could fly in and continue her RV travels during her off time.  We haven't seen her since she became ill, but will always remember her adventurous spirit.

A sad day. Thank you for posting the report Daisy. Does anyone have a photo &/or appropriate words I can add to our memorial page?

Photos were not as common back in the late 1990's when Sarah was in Arizona with us.  Sarah's sister, Helena Mbele-Mbong, has several on her Facebook site and one on Sarah's Facebook site.  I don't know how you might access them. 

Here's a URL but don't know if you can copy the photo.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1353118564707442&set=p.1353118564707442&type=3

It doesn't matter whether we personally know the member or not. The fact that a member has passed is enough said.
There are SO many of us members that have never laid eyes on each other. But we still care. Some feel like a personal friend.

That said, it sounds like her "spirit" will live on.
This world needs happy and optimistic souls. Maybe hers makes the difference.
RIP. 

^X2^ Rest In Peace Ms. Hale :(
There are a lot of folks on here I would be honored to meet face to face. Maybe one of these days I can quit working my life away, get on the road and see some of you.

Sarah was a very special person but haven't seen her in about four years.  Ned and I always loved getting together with her when we were in the Twin Cities area.  I will have to see if I have a picture of her and maybe even Elliot.  May she RIP.

Oh, I do hope you find one, Lorna.  If anyone would have her photo it would probably be either you or Terry Brewer.

Sarah was the second Forum member Peg and I met in person. The first was Barbara Barbera. It was at Frank and Barbara's place in Surprise, AZ. Peg and I stopped and visited with Sarah whenever we were in the Twin Cities area.

Our fondest memory was the two days we spent with Sarah at the Minnesota State Fair. What a fun time.

For those that didn't know her, she was also an excellent RV Tech. I remember while Peg & I were still in Alaska our RV refer stopped working. I called Sarah and she troubleshot it over the phone. We decided which part was bad and she shipped it to me. I installed it and all was fixed.

Attached is a picture of Sarah and her "traveling companion" Elliot.

This dear lady will be greatly missed.

God's speed Sarah.

Attachments

• Sarah Hale & Elliot.jpg
    Sarah Hale & Elliot.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 92
Here is a picture of Sarah and one of Elliot.  They are from Qz.

Attachments

• 01-Sarah Hale at Christmas get-together in Quartzsite-1998.jpg
    01-Sarah Hale at Christmas get-together in Quartzsite-1998.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 80
  • Elliott with Swedish blanket.jpg
    Elliott with Swedish blanket.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 72
Thank you so much Don and Lorna.  I'll never forget that smile.  :'(  She replaced a water heater for us in MN and her "fee" was dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ.  She also made me several cotton hats after I lost my hair to chemo and made neck scarves for our yellow lab to match each one.  She was a very generous and thoughtful person.

Thanks Margi. I can't access the page, but it appears you're able to. IIRC in Facebook, you left-click click on a photo, then right-click and select save as.

Tom said:
Thanks Margi. I can't access the page, but it appears you're able to. IIRC in Facebook, you left-click click on a photo, then right-click and select save as.

That's how it used to be until they "improved" it.  ::)  Maybe someone else knows how to do it, but in the meantime, Don and Lorna's photos are great.

Tom and Margi said:
That's how it used to be until they "improved" it.  ::)  Maybe someone else knows how to do it, but in the meantime, Don and Lorna's photos are great.

I just tried it and it still works. Left click on the picture to open it, then right click on the picture to open the menu and select "save image as". I saved it to my desktop and it worked.

Sarah always had some great stories to tell. We still talk about her customer when she was a tech at Camping World in Henderson. He complained that the magnetic taillights that were mounted on the top of his toad didn't work right. When he signaled left, the right light flashed and when he signaled right, the left light flashed. Sarah walked to the back of the car, lifted up the two lights, crossed her arms and replaced the lights on the car. The customer got back into his RV, tried the turn signals and they worked. Sarah had a customer for life.

We miss Sarah and Elliot.

Thoroughly enjoyed our times with her and will miss our exchanges. We never did find out if we were distantly related (Hale/ Heald confusion) but we hadn't looked that hard either. A wonderful person!

Alaskansnowbirds said:
I just tried it and it still works. Left click on the picture to open it, then right click on the picture to open the menu and select "save image as". I saved it to my desktop and it worked.

Thank you, thank you, Don!  My mistake was not left clicking to begin with.  Starting out with a right click gives one a different menu.  I will use this often, now, for family pictures posted on Facebook.

QZ

ModEdit:  Converted TIFF image to JPG so it would display properly - LS

Attachments

• Scan-120605-0021 (Small) (Mobile).jpg
    Scan-120605-0021 (Small) (Mobile).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile