Satellite dish blew over now I can only get 119

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chef john

Last Thursday was very windy and it blew my satellite dish over(I use a tripod when camping). Now I can only tune into 119. It also says it is picking up 126 but I need 110. I have a Dish 500 using a 522 receiver and I need 119 and 110 to get all my channels. I am not sure if my 110 LNB was damaged or the switch in the LNB was damaged. I am also wondering if my dish was bent when it fell over thus keeping from picking up both satellites. I sure could use some advice.

If you're still picking up two satellites, just not the right two, it sounds like something got misaligned.

It's definitely worth a try to get the LNBs lined up properly again.

When you set it back up you pointed it too far west,  Aim farther east

Short course in sat identification

The sat "number" 110/119/126/101 whatever) is 1/3 of it's "Address"

The other 2/3 are 1/4 light second UP, and zero degrees north/south latitude

The sat number, if you are in the US, is West longitude

So if you see 119 and 126.. You are pointed too far WEST

Skew may be a bit off too, but it is for sure he is pointed TOO FAR WEST.

I've dealt with this many times..... And I don't even have a dish-500 system (I do have a dish-500 antenna but it's not currently in use.. I plan on using it... Some day hopefully soon.. With my FTA receiver.. But I need to upgrade that too and don't have the C-note needed)

Thanks for all the input. I will work on it this weekend. Sounds like some well educated advice. I have been wondering about a FTA reciever. I have looked at coolsat on the internet but I don't understand exactly what channels I might be able to get. Can someone explain these units too me?

Well.. I'm not sure I'd recommend Coolsat.. I have one, a 5,000 and they have discontinued support on it.. I don't like copanies that drop me as a general rule.. They are, however, willing to give me a good deal on an upgrade

You can get them with and without card readers.. Now, without they will get most any un-encrypted channel out there, this includes many religious program channels, and NASA TV,  a very few other things.  You can get a full list by visiting the AVS forums or by going to Lyngsat (just add the www and com)

The card reader option is not needed for this

Now if you want to paint a Jolly Roger on that sat-dish you can download "BIN" files and key codes to decode most all DISH or BEV Naragavision encoded broadcases.. Again without a card reader

Or you can get a card reader and a card and the other "Stuff" needed to decode DirecTV encoded broadcasts.

However several retailers have been Raided, and, per the info I have (Which is limited by the fact I"m not on the list of those affected) everyone who bought the card reader was then harrassed by DirecTV.. I don't have a card reader. and thus was not so harrassed....

Now... If you choose to go the pirate route be advised that there is an ongoing "War" of sorts between the Satellite TVproviders and the Sat-TV pirates with the broadcasters constantly changing keys and software and the hackers figuring it out and posting it to the internet for people to download.

At this time my sat dish is.... Lying flat on the ground.. So there is not much more I can tell you.  I can not give you URL's for the pirate files either (Should you think of asking)

Doesn't sound like the coolsat is worth it. Sure don't want to pirate anything. Didn't OJ get in trouble for that?  ;D

OJ got in trouble for kidnapping, burgurling and armed robbery

There are many pirates out there.. Just don't brag too much about it.. Just now for me it's not worth it either.. For one thing by the time they come out with updates for my CS-50000. they are outdated again so about all I can get is the true FTA

There are also several FTA feeds in C-Band but I don't have a C-band antenna to watch 'em with

Best option is to research..  You can get a lot of info if you pop FTA into Mr. Google's search engine

Finally got a chance to work on my dish yesterday and it was the skew that had been knocked out of adjustment. Thanks for everyones imput and advice.

chef john said:
Finally got a chance to work on my dish yesterday and it was the skew that had been knocked out of adjustment. Thanks for everyones imput and advice.

Glad you got it working again.  Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom