Satellite questions, will a DSS dish work with a dishnetwork reciver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Couzin Eddie

I want to get a spare dish for the RV.  I have a older sony DSS dish and LMB that my parents used with direct TV about 8 years ago.  I have Dishnetwork on the house and an extra reciver that I will put in the RV.

So the golden question is can I use that Sony DSS dish with the dishnetwork reciver...?

The antenna is the same for Dish Network and DirecTV, so if it worked with DTV, it will work with DN.

If the DSS dish is a single LNB dish you will have to adjust it as you change channels to receive all channels on 110W and 119W, at least we did when we had Dish four years ago.

Inseresting,  Two replies, two conflicting answers

And the strange thing is they are both right.  A DISH-300 antenna is the same as a DIRECTV antenna. so if the Sony DSS antenna (most likely a direc-tv antenna) is a solo (not single) LNB (means one LNB) then you have a DISH-300 antenna.

Some DISH channels, Example Hallmark, are on 110, Some,Example, BBC-A  Are on 119,  Distant Network Service is on 119.

So you may need to either sacrafice half your stations, or re-point when you change channels.

Couzin Eddie said:
I want to get a spare dish for the RV.  I have a older sony DSS dish and LMB that my parents used with direct TV about 8 years ago.  I have Dishnetwork on the house and an extra reciver that I will put in the RV.
So the golden question is can I use that Sony DSS dish with the dishnetwork reciver...?

Simply YES but as others have mentioned you will have to repoint to get channels on 110 if pointed to 119.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom