Satellite troubleshooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GIBBYVETTE

In my Rv yesterday. Parked in my driveway the last 2 months. Tv has worked great but now complete signal loss. Sun shining and no obstructions. Dish feels it’s with my satellite connection. What do I do? We haven’t moved a thing!!!

If you're getting the "complete loss" message your HDMI connection is good and the receiver is on, so from there it's the aiming of the dish or LNB ("horn"), in that order. A couple years ago I had a complete loss of signal at my house and it ended up being a connection that got water in it, and it was very corroded. So checking connections, especially outdoor ones would be on the checklist along with dish alignment.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

If you have a voltmeter, disconnect the cable from the dish while the receiver is turned on and see if you have 18-24 volts DC between the center conductor and the outer shield. If you don't, start working your way back towards the receiver until you find where it disappeared.

In my Rv yesterday. Parked in my driveway the last 2 months. Tv has worked great but now complete signal loss. Sun shining and no obstructions. Dish feels it’s with my satellite connection. What do I do? We haven’t moved a thing!!!
Been there-- numerous times.

What kind of a Dish do you have? Mark described the basics very well. Beyond that the simplest step is to restart everything. Sort of like kicking the tires and probably won't be a solution. I've had some issues with coax cables and the connections in the past that resulted in this message even though nothing had been changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom