Satellite tv packages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipepro

Our next concern is a TV package that we can activate when we hit the road and deactivate the plan when we get home. Our travels will be about 5 months out of the year on and off. Suggestions and options please. We have cable at our home so we only need it for travel. We would survive if we have to with antenna tv.

We are mostly happy with the DISH tailgate package and am glad we went with a portable dish instead of mounting it to the roof (more flexibility if there are trees). My biggest gripe is that if we don't use it for several months the Guide is incorrect for a day. Outside of that we are happy with it. It's $7 per month but that is because we have DISH at home.

Dish has a pay-as-you-go plan. You pay a month at a time. When you get back home, you stop paying. When you're ready to travel again you pay for a month and resume. I haven't used it since last June, so I'm rusty on the details. I think it only supports certain antennas and receivers. We use a Pathway X2 antenna and a 211K receiver.

We have been happy thus far with The Dish pay-as-you-go plan. Good customer service, reception has been very good and helpful to be able to discontinue as needed.

We have been happy thus far with The Dish pay-as-you-go plan. Good customer service, reception has been very good and helpful to be able to discontinue as needed.
What equipment do we need to buy? I seen equipment at Best Buy for around $300

We don't pay for tv. If it ain't Over The Air, we watch movies on the dvd player if we are bored.

So........The other week, at the Dollar Store, really, the Dollar store, they had movies for a dollar.

Keep an EYE out. Ya might find some cheap entertainment for the tv and ya don't have to subscribe to to a monthly bill.

Now, of course I know people who are PROUD that they can afford to pay for TV, and brag about being able to afford to pay for tv and commercials.

I am happy for all those people.

I'd rather not have that type of monthly bill on the road or in my sticks and bricks.

Are you proud to pay for tv and commercials?

That is the question?

If not.....Don't BUY IT!

What? You don't agree? Talk to me.

Saving and Waving.

Are you proud to pay for tv and commercials?
Don't know what pride has to do with anything? Could not pay me enough $$ to ONLY have OTA TV. Absolutely despise commercials-- all commercials. Have not watched a single commercial, even those "must see" Super Bowl ads in many, many years.

TiVo at home and don't watch anything live-- only recorded. Traveling I haven't put up the antenna but once just to check if it worked. Otherwise it's a Dish satellite set up with a Pathway X2 with a hard drive as DVR and an Amazon Firestick. Use an HDMI switch to send signal to either LR or BR sets.

Too much TV watching? Perhaps. But today it's a rainy, blustery, very cool day here in MS. Too cold to set up our usual outside gear and no incentive to do much touring. TVs get a workout in times like this.

Dish has a pay-as-you-go plan. You pay a month at a time. When you get back home, you stop paying. When you're ready to travel again you pay for a month and resume. I haven't used it since last June, so I'm rusty on the details. I think it only supports certain antennas and receivers. We use a Pathway X2 antenna and a 211K receiver.

Same setup here. I'd just add a USB hard drive to that mix to get DVR functionality.

We opt for door number 3, rarely watch over the air, most often we stream Netfix, Hulu, etc. using our 4G LTE data plan

The folks at Dish for My RV can set you up with everything you need. I recommend a bundle that includes the Winegard Pathway X2 portable self-aiming dish as having the most flexibility. Dish uses two different sets of three satellites, called the "Eastern Arc" and the "Western Arc". The Pathway X2 is the only portable self-aiming dish that can fully access both arcs.

We streamed our TV programs at this RV park we stayed at. Smart TV and cable internet is an option also if you are settled in at one place for an extended period.

You need a satellite dish and the box from the service provider you choose. We purchased a Dish King satellite dish, tripod and the Dish Wally box. There are other satellite options on the market, but we have been very happy with this set-up, reception has been excellent and have had no issues.

2x on talking with DISH to get recommended equipment. We, too, are in the Pacific Northwest and DISH will recommend the right equipment for you. In addition to DISH we also use a Fire Stick to stream "DISH Anywhere" if the Wifi signal is strong enough (this is rare based on the campground we go to) plus we keep a good supply of DVDs.

I'm a webmaster for 3 sites so another concern is connectivity. luckily most campgrounds have cable for campers that stay for at least a month, wifi usually isn't strong enough for what I have to do.

Does your cable company have an option to stream? We have DirecTv at home and if there is no cable available we are staying, or we want to watch the local(home base)news, we just stream our DirecTv. Our cellphone plan allows unlimited hotspot usage so if there's no free wifi, or it's to congested, we use the hotspot option

Does your cable company have an option to stream? We have DirecTv at home and if there is no cable available we are staying, or we want to watch the local(home base)news, we just stream our DirecTv. Our cellphone plan allows unlimited hotspot usage so if there's no free wifi, or it's to congested, we use the hotspot option
We do the same at times using the DishAnywhere app, usually for quick overnight stops when I don't set up our portable dish. Spectrum has a streaming app, but for some reason they don't allow access to the local channels if you're not connected to their Internet service. Some of the "cable" channels are also blocked. Strange...

Back
Top Bottom