Satellite TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi all, so my coach is a 2003 Leprechaun. The Stetlite TV system has is known as a ?Trac Vision? today I attempted to hook up my Ditect tV box from my house. The green light on the stelite switch indicates the satrwlite found a signal. The Satellite Box said it could not find a signal. I even called customer support for DIRECTV and they change the setting for me but I still want unable to hook up.

Is it possible that the satellite technology on the RV is obsolete? I think I plugged everything in correctly. The 

Are you sure it is set up for directv. It could be set up for dish and needs to be changed. Your instructions should tell you how to do it if it can be done.

I just bought a class a Newmar. It has a trav'ler satellite dish. I found out it is Shaw Direct. Dish Network said I could buy a uc1000 converter and it would work on dish system. Winegard said I have to get a new antenna.
Any information is appreciated!

Alfa38User said:
Answered previously on your other post!!

And to the OP, you should probably started your own topic rather than piggybacking on two others. It would most likely get more attention, and specific answers to your particular issue. Not fussing at you, but trying to get you the best help possible. BTW-Welcome to the site! :) There's a lot of good info in the "library" and "resources" tabs above.

Shaw and Dish use different satellites..  A few degrees different.

Now with a big DISH, from the looks of it you need to re-point and possibly replace the LNB.

But with a rooftop dome you'd have to re-program. and not all can be reprogrammed.

So I'd believe Winegard.

ditsjets7 said:
Hi all, so my coach is a 2003 Leprechaun. The Stetlite TV system has is known as a ?Trac Vision? today I attempted to hook up my Ditect tV box from my house. The green light on the stelite switch indicates the satrwlite found a signal. The Satellite Box said it could not find a signal. I even called customer support for DIRECTV and they change the setting for me but I still want unable to hook up.

Is it possible that the satellite technology on the RV is obsolete? I think I plugged everything in correctly. The 

Try calling the folks at KVH/Trac Vision:

https://www.kvh.com/tracvision

Back
Top Bottom