Satellite TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buddy110 said:
I have the info in my truck. Give me a few and I will post it for you

Call Essa at Solid signal. He is a Dish network seller. He can hook you up with the receivers and tell you the cheapest way to operate :)
248-896-8607

If you decide you want to go with a good portable unit (for Dish Network) here's what seems to be considered to be the best antenna...with a receiver for just a couple dollars more than MOST places charge for just the antenna:

https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-PA6002R-Pathway-Satellite-Antenna/dp/B00G1XB8O2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467388530&sr=8-1&keywords=winegard+x2

I'll probably be ordering one this weekend myself.

At home I had Directv put a second HD Sat Dish on my garage and I got a second Genie for my RV good for 200 hours of HD recording and the installer hooked it all up for me. While the RV is in the driveway I hook up the dish and record tons of television and movies that can be 50 hrs of TV for a week. So you don't need to spend thousands of dollars and if you watch everything you recorded you can get a Directv portable HD dish on Amazon for about $100 bucks and hook it up yourself wherever you are in about 10 minutes.

You can get the elevation and azimuth from their website so once I have that set I call my wifes iPhone with FaceTime and lean it on something facing the TV and I go outside with my iPhone, I can see the TV and I turn the dish until I get full signal bars then lock it down and your done.

Costs about $50 bucks a month for the additional account but you can suspend it for up to 6 months with no payment if your not using it, works great! Get back home delete what you watched and record new programs.

I just posted for sale a Winegard in motion sat dish if your interested. It's brand new and will work with both dish network and Directtv . I just joined the forum so I'm not sure how to send a PM
Chris

Sgt472 said:
I just posted for sale a Winegard in motion sat dish if your interested. It's brand new and will work with both dish network and Directtv . I just joined the forum so I'm not sure how to send a PM
Chris

Check your PM's...I sent you one. (Top of page)

Rob VanVoorhis said:
At home I had Directv put a second HD Sat Dish on my garage and I got a second Genie for my RV good for 200 hours of HD recording and the installer hooked it all up for me. While the RV is in the driveway I hook up the dish and record tons of television and movies that can be 50 hrs of TV for a week. So you don't need to spend thousands of dollars and if you watch everything you recorded you can get a Directv portable HD dish on Amazon for about $100 bucks and hook it up yourself wherever you are in about 10 minutes.

You can get the elevation and azimuth from their website so once I have that set I call my wifes iPhone with FaceTime and lean it on something facing the TV and I go outside with my iPhone, I can see the TV and I turn the dish until I get full signal bars then lock it down and your done.

Costs about $50 bucks a month for the additional account but you can suspend it for up to 6 months with no payment if your not using it, works great! Get back home delete what you watched and record new programs.

Our original Dish portable system cost a bit less than $250 complete, and the extra receiver for the RV was just $7/month with the option to add or delete it from our account at any time. Our entire account can be started and stopped at will on a monthly basis, although we no longer have any need to do that.

Our current Dish setup consists of a portable tripod mounted triple LNB dish that travels with us, and a permanently mounted triple LNB dish at our Adirondack cottage. We travel with one three tuner Hopper w/Sling DVR receiver and a Joey in the motorhome, and have a second Hopper w/Sling DVR we leave connected at the cottage. When we'll miss programs while underway, we use the DishAnywhere app on our smartphones to tell the cottage Hopper to record them. Once we're setup on a site we can then stream the recordings to our TV, or wait until we're back at the cottage where we connect the coach Hopper to the fixed dish. With that connected, we can watch the recordings on the cottage Hopper from either Hopper. The cottage Hopper does lose the spot beamed local channels when we change our service location as we travel, but it gets good OTA signals, so that's not a problem.

Not trying to steal the thread but I can't reply to PM because I'm to new to the site. BoomerD can you email me? Thanks

NY_Dutch said:
Our original Dish portable system cost a bit less than $250 complete, and the extra receiver for the RV was just $7/month with the option to add or delete it from our account at any time. Our entire account can be started and stopped at will on a monthly basis, although we no longer have any need to do that.

Our current Dish setup consists of a portable tripod mounted triple LNB dish that travels with us, and a permanently mounted triple LNB dish at our Adirondack cottage. We travel with one three tuner Hopper w/Sling DVR receiver and a Joey in the motorhome, and have a second Hopper w/Sling DVR we leave connected at the cottage. When we'll miss programs while underway, we use the DishAnywhere app on our smartphones to tell the cottage Hopper to record them. Once we're setup on a site we can then stream the recordings to our TV, or wait until we're back at the cottage where we connect the coach Hopper to the fixed dish. With that connected, we can watch the recordings on the cottage Hopper from either Hopper. The cottage Hopper does lose the spot beamed local channels when we change our service location as we travel, but it gets good OTA signals, so that's not a problem.

Thats pretty cool too, it doesn't have to be expensive and then the phone apps to boot!!!! We carry a high speed modem & router as well and open an account with whatever cable company the site uses if possible for our own private high speed internet. In florida we use Comcast and this winter in Arizona we' use Cox I believe. Not a fan of Tengointernet myself.

Sgt472 said:
Chris
is it a portable or permanent one?

Rob VanVoorhis said:
Thats pretty cool too, it doesn't have to be expensive and then the phone apps to boot!!!! We carry a high speed modem & router as well and open an account with whatever cable company the site uses if possible for our own private high speed internet. In florida we use Comcast and this winter in Arizona we' use Cox I believe. Not a fan of Tengointernet myself.

For Internet, we have a 20GB/month Verizon 4G/LTE data plan for our primary Jetpack, and a backup Jetpack with an unlimited 3G plan. I'll soon be testing a T-Mobile/SimpleMobile unlimited 4G/LTE data plan to see how well their coverage works out for us. We don't stay anywhere long enough to get a local cable hookup.

I received my Winegard Pathway X2 bundle yesterday. Bought it from PPL...took a bit longer to receive it than I like...(spoiled by Amazon Prime) but the savings was enough to "suffer" the wait. :p

Hooked it up, it found the satellites immediately, took about 15 minutes on the phone with Dish to get it activated,(activation was only 4-5 minutes, the rep stayed on the phone to make sure everything worked right before disconnecting)

I'm going to have to do some "re-wiring" of the motorhome cable system. As it is now, the antenna/Dish receiver works fine running through the motorhome's "cable TV" connection, but it doesn't work through the BOMB. (and the receiver is HDMI out, so I can't run it into the receiver, then out to the BOMB and on to the TV. Tried a splitter so I could feed both the BOMB with the cable TV/OTA antenna feeds and the Dish receiver at the same time...didn't work. (wasn't really expecting it to...but...)
Meh...it's not that difficult to disconnect one cable, reconnect another one.

I"m still happy to be able to have Dish when we go out.

I'm glad your X2 system is working well! Since I knew there would be times when I wanted either cable or OTA signals along with the sat service, I installed a separate feed for the portable dish direct to the receiver. On our coach, I located the outside input fitting right next to the existing cable input in the electrical bay using a two connector cover plate and a new RG6 cable routed to the front overhead cabinet where the receiver is installed.

NY_Dutch said:
I'm glad your X2 system is working well! Since I knew there would be times when I wanted either cable or OTA signals along with the sat service, I installed a separate feed for the portable dish direct to the receiver. On our coach, I located the outside input fitting right next to the existing cable input in the electrical bay using a two connector cover plate and a new RG6 cable routed to the front overhead cabinet where the receiver is installed.

I'm thinking about doing exactly that...unfortunately, I can't do it myself...so it won't be inexpensive to have it done...in the mean time, I'll live with swapping the cables.

Fortunately, at 73 I'm still able to do that sort of thing. Running the cable along the chassis frame rail was the easy part. My old bones do laying down stuff really well...  ;D

NY_Dutch said:
Fortunately, at 73 I'm still able to do that sort of thing. Running the cable along the chassis frame rail was the easy part. My old bones do laying down stuff really well...  ;D

Mine too...but I'm too fat to crawl underneath very well nowadays...:p

I bought supplies from SolidSignal for my Hopper 3 installation.

I ordered the Solo Node as one of the needed components only to learn that I should have ordered the Solo Hub.

By the time I got the Trav'ler dish installed and realized my mistake it was past the 30-day return window.

I emailed (twice) SolidSignal requesting a return and exception to their short return window.

I did not even get a response from them. They are now on my "never again" list.

Tom

Tom,

let me take care of you sir im sure our returns department provided you an RMA number have you checked your spam folder?.. I can assure you that i can take care of you asap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom