Scanning slides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al Wax

Hi

I have a few hundred slides to be scanned to cd or dvd, any one have luck with an online site they would recommend.

Thanks,

Al

Karl

I downloaded the manual from HP. I'll take a look and get back to you with any questions.

Thanks

Al

Al

We have a high end photo/slide scanner that can handle up to 12 slides a pass. If your schedule permits you to spend some time with us in Goodyear before Indio or after QZ, you are more than welcome to scan away <G>.

Bernie, the Canon 9950F credits itself with a max of 4800 x 9600 dpi. I'm thinking this means for the whole scan area. Thus each of the 30 slides (35mm film) would be just 160 x 360 dpi?

rhmahoney said:
Bernie, the Canon 9950F credits itself with a max of 4800 x 9600 dpi. I'm thinking this means for the whole scan area. Thus each of the 30 slides (35mm film) would be just 160 x 360 dpi?

Russ

Ned is right, each of the 12 (not 30) would have the same top resolution.

Sorry for the double posting, FF had a hiccup and I can't figure out how to delete the duplicate.

Al

By the way, Marlene was very concerned about resolution when we bought the scanner, she wanted everything capable of being blown up to poster size. Talking with a Canon technician, he suggest much lower scanning resolution to reduce the size of the file and the image to more manageable proportions. That also reduces scan time.

I recently purchased a Canon CanoScan 8400F from JR Electronics for $99 + shipping. It scans 4 or 5 slides at a time. I can't easily find the manual right now.

Each slide file is about 250KB. The quality looks OK to me, but it might not be good enough for an expert. It took me about 2 days to scan over 500 slides.

Wayne

BernieD said:
Al

By the way, Marlene was very concerned about resolution when we bought the scanner, she wanted everything capable of being blown up to poster size. Talking with a Canon technician, he suggest much lower scanning resolution to reduce the size of the file and the image to more manageable proportions. That also reduces scan time.

Bernie

How long will it take to scan 12 slides?

Al

Back
Top Bottom