Scissor jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

railroaddad

I just bought a brand new 2019 Coachmen Apex 300BHS 3 weeks ago. We've camped in it twice so far. Both times I've set it up, I've noticed the scissor jacks that came on it from the factory are cheap China made JUNK! They are made of thin flimsy metal that flex with a moderate load on them.
I am considering replacing all 4 jacks with a BETTER made brand, My previous RV had BAL brand scissor jacks and seemed to be better made from thicker metal.
What is the best brand of scissor jacks to buy??? I've looked  on the internet and see many different brands. I would like to see you guys opinion on what brand is best.

lynnmor

I had cheap junk jacks on my KZ that were actually assembled wrong and then welded.  I searched and found that the Chinese Olympian jacks had a much strong design and a solid top plate that eliminated one source of wobble.  Camco bought the company and sold them under their name with the word Olympian still stamped on them.  I believe the current crop is now pretty much the same junk sold everywhere.  Here is a link to a possible source of old stock, or at least a photo of what I am talking about. https://mobilehomepartsstore.com/parts/502116.html

Top Bottom