Scottsdale area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrits

Our son is moving to Scottsdale so we thought we'd go down to Arizona for a couple of months in the new year to help with househunting, etc.  Probably should book something soon.  We know there's nothing in Scottsdale, but does anyone have suggestions for a nice place in the general area that doesn't cost an arm and two legs? 

Dennis & Peggy
In Las Vegas

Sorry we live in an RV Resort about 45 minutes from Scottsdale and from what we found, Winter months are in to 600 to 800 dollar range. However where we are along with Smoky and the Admiral, it's a very nice facility with all the whistles and bow.  Nice gollf course, beautiful pool and spa, lawn bowling, horseshoes, tennis, wood working, quilting, sewing and etc. Always something to do. We liked it so well  We've purchased 2 park models  and now living in 1 while our MH is stored.  Now renting these, yes quite expensive, 2 people, move in ready except for food, $1400 to 1800 a month for 4 months or more and you pay the untilities.  Less time higher rates  Should you decide to locate here please notify Smoky or myself and we can inform you as what to do to eliminate utilities on MH or Trailers..  Good luck in finding solmething.  Smoky talked me into this place last Dec and I'm still here.  Also we are not that for away from Russ and a few others./

Shayne.  How do I find out about RV lot rentals in your RV resort?  DH and I are contemplating coming back West this winter instead of going to Florida.  Is there a website which lists rentals?  Is it all done through a rental company or do individuals also rent their RV lots?

Dennis and Peggy,

Here is the link to Happy Trails rental website. The lower lot numbers are in the older sections and the lots will be a little smaller. There are other lots for rent that aren't on the list, but we don't have any info for those with us. Ned and Lorna have stayed on a few lots and may have some advice.

http://www.happytrailsrentals.com/rv_pads_lots.htm

Jim Crouch and Shirl Good own lot #979, which is shown on the rental list. We are in lot 1153, which is in the same area as Phil, Russ and Ken and Sheila.

Scottsdale is about 40 minutes away, depending on the time of day.

If you want to be closer to Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa would each be about 10 minutes away. Trailer Life has many to choose from.

Tim & Jan

thebrits said:
Our son is moving to Scottsdale so we thought we'd go down to Arizona for a couple of months in the new year to help with househunting, etc.  Probably should book something soon.  We know there's nothing in Scottsdale, but does anyone have suggestions for a nice place in the general area that doesn't cost an arm and two legs? 

Dennis & Peggy
In Las Vegas

Dennis & Peggy,

When I was having radiation treatments in Scottsdale I used to drive by a park on Scottsdale Rd. just north of Thomas Rd. on the west side of the road. I don't remember the name of the park and I'm not home right now to look it up.

You might also check with Wally & Helaine as they winter in the Scottsdale area quite often so they may have some suggestions.

Thanks, Tim and Jan.  We'll call them and find out more about it.  We've just rented our lot in Florida for a year which means winter  in the desert this time.  Looking forward to it.  Are you back at Happy Trails yet?  BTW, we've lost your e-mail address.

Weather here is absolutely gorgeous today.

Dennis & Peggy
The Brits
In Las Vegas

Jim Crouch and Shirl Good own lot #979, which is shown on the rental list. We are in lot 1153, which is in the same area as Phil, Russ and Ken and Sheila.

Scottsdale is about 40 minutes away, depending on the time of day.

If you want to be closer to Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa would each be about 10 minutes away. Trailer Life has many to choose from.

Tim & Jan

Shayne.  Thanks for the info.  Let us know who we contact about renting (and we'd like to know how to avoid those utilities!)

Dennis & Peggy

OK here goes  for PEM (Pueblo El Mirage)  www.robertsresorts.com/pueblo  This will give you the info you need.  If you are going to be here for 3 months get the 3 month rate  As I understand it  electric is included.  If you rent monthly you pay separately.  Send me an email should you need more assistance.  For security reasons I'll give one I check but seldom use  [email protected]  I have others but being Tom has the whatever shut down  Hotmail will work. We love this place.  Sorry for not answering sooner but Brother-in-law flew in from Reno this eve on his way back to St Louis and will be with us for a couple of days.  Hope this helps  If you do come here tell them you would prefer 1st street .  It's a bit of road noise but you get used to it in a couple of days and the people on this street are super. Also we have 2 golf carts so you would be welcome to use one.  Also Smoky is on 3rd street right be the pool and other activities Not sure but I think his lot # is about 515.  Our lot # is 23 but we also own 12  There are spaces 13, 15, 18, 19, 20 available.  These are all resort owned and when I 1st came here I was en route and coming thru El Paso when I called them and I showed up the next day.  Believe me they have it all here.  A bit of jet noise, comes and goes due to Lute AF Base down the road.  I love it  called the price of Freedom.  After couple days you hardly notice anything but the enjoyment.  Golf course here on the grounds.  Erecting park models and double wides  (Nice ones)  some for over 150G  and some paying as much as 50G just for the right to put a trailer on the lot that they don't own and then about 450 to 500 a month and you pay all the utilities.  Sound crazy  does to me too especially when they may use it 5 months a year.  They have a lot more money then I do for sure.  Should you come here let me know when you are to arrive and I will meet you and help get you settled in and show you around.

Shane.  Great info.  Thank you.  Looks like a very nice place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom