Screens on Emergency Exit Windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

modeltford

Hi!
We currently have a 98 Tahoe by Thor 19UD TT. The amount of opening windows is beyond pathetic! Probably a silly question, but is it legal to install screens on the emergency exit windows and prop them open to get some air into our TT?
Thanks!

Depends on the window and the screen. My Emergeny exits both are screened but the screen is in the part that opens so it opens with the window.

Some screens are .. Let's say easily removed from the vehicle by a simple push. That's what I'd use.  NOT metal but somethign that can be pushed out easily.. Flex Screens come to mind. (install them INSIDE the window so you push they go out with the window and land on the ground.)

Our exit windows have screens that slide back and forth.  They'd be easy to push out in an emergency.

ArdraF

IMO, Make the screens how you want them.  Seriously, a screen isn't going to stop anybody from getting out of an RV in an emergency.  Oh course, you only need to make them strong enough to keep the skeeters out.

For ease and safety, you may consider making screens and attaching them to the inside frame with adhesive magnet strips or Velcro.  I did it with my old camper van, to make screens for the driver and passenger windows.  A bit of work up front, but super easy to deal with and removed instantly if needed.

Back
Top Bottom