Seajay's tales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seajay

One thing that most shops fail to tell you after they install a new windshield is that if your glasses are old and out of focus and you should have had your eyes checked before you put in this new windshield that you can cause ''blurry'' spots in your new windshield because your glasses are out of focus for your eyes and your new windshield.  It is also recomended by the National Windshield Installers of America that you should not ''squint'' thru a new windshield for at least three days.  This can cause cracking of the new windshield and these cracks will not be covered by the warantee issued with the new windshild.  Also ,,,,,,  Two people should not look thru the same section of windshield for the first two hours after instellation because it could overstress the glass and make it fall out......
All this fine advise will cost you ten cents and you can pay me the next time you see me .....cj....
Please, everyone,,,,, tonight say a little prayer for this great nation.  I believe we are going to need it ....cj...

Seajay said:
One thing that most shops fail to tell you after they install a new windshield is that if your glasses are old and out of focus and you should have had your eyes checked before you put in this new windshield that you can cause ''blurry'' spots in your new windshield because your glasses are out of focus for your eyes and your new windshield.  It is also recomended by the National Windshield Installers of America that you should not ''squint'' thru a new windshield for at least three days.  This can cause cracking of the new windshield and these cracks will not be covered by the warantee issued with the new windshild.  Also ,,,,,,  Two people should not look thru the same section of windshield for the first two hours after instellation because it could overstress the glass and make it fall out......
All this fine advise will cost you ten cents and you can pay me the next time you see me .....cj....
Please, everyone,,,,, tonight say a little prayer for this great nation.  I believe we are going to need it ....cj...

CJ, I am not an avid reader of your novels, but this last post of yours really made me giggle. Kudos to you for fertile mind. Just what we need after a "Bad Day at Black Rock" yesterday.  Thank you.

Stay well, you might kneed that advise.

Thanks for posting this. I will measure the thickness of the spot on my windshields where I look through while driving. I now understand that continual looking through the same place above the steering wheel must wear the glass so that eventually there will be a hole through the windshield that that place. I don't want bugs to be able to fly though that hole and hit me in the eye while I am driving.

Here is something else that a lot of people dont know but it is really good advise so listen up guys.
Have you ever looked at your brake pedal.  If it is like mine, you will notice that it is ''worn on one side'' and that is usually the side next to the gas pedal.
Here is the warning I would like you to remember.....
If you put your foot on ''one side of the break pedal'' instead of in the middle of the pedal, you will wear out the break pads on just one side of your coach.  You will also wear out the tires and shocks on that side also and you will eventually be able to pick up radio stations only on one side of the band.  Your television picture will start to migrate toward that side also and your comode water will be un-level in your toilet.
  Trust me, I have personally seen this happen and it can ''devalue'' your coach by 20 percent when you start to sell or trade it. 
All this fine knowledge will cost you ten cents if you use it and you can pay me the next time you see me.....

I read and enjoy your post time to time.
There is one thing I've got to know. Are ye a shellback or are ye a lowly wooooooog.

From another old squid.

I am a Blue Nose.  (for those of you that were not in the Navy, that means I have crossed the Artic Circle)
My dad was also a sailor in WW2, south pacific theater.  He was a ''combat veteran'' and he worked on a HIGGINS BOAT that carried troops ashore along with all the trappings of War that the Marines needed...... He was in on five invasions.  He saw a lot.........
He was a ''Shell Back'' because he had crossed the Equator and the international date line.  Somewhere here I still have his certificate saying he was a Shell Back. 
Sometimes I remember dad and the hard life he had.  He was a great man and I would not measure up to his shoe tops as a man or make a good ''pimple on his a$$'' as a Sailor.''
God bless all Veterans...............cj...............

Back
Top Bottom