Sears Parts to the rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I've been buying appliance parts from and recommending The Repair Clinic. But this week I found a couple of instances where they couldn't come through in a timely manner and, when I turned to Sears Parts, I was able to get the parts cheaper and quicker.

The magnetron in our microwave at home had died. The Repair Clinic was asking $93 + shipping and quoting 6-8 weeks delivery. Local parts places were quoting $112 - $121 with 6-8 weeks delivery. Sears Parts had it for $89 and it arrived in 24 hours. A couple of minutes to put it all back together and Chris is a happy camper again.

The dish racks in the two Fisher & Paykel dish drawers at home (both essentially the same as the single F&P dish drawers that some folks have in their RV) have rusted out. Not really surprising given the poor quality I see in other parts used in the F&P dish drawers. Several local parts places told me "you won't find those anywhere in the Bay Area". The Repair Clinic said "sorry, we don't sell parts for that brand". Sears Parts to the rescue again. There was no additional shipping cost above the flat rate I paid for the magnetron above, although they're coming from a different location and possibly by a different carrier.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
I've always had excellent responsiveness from Sears Parts and generally the lowest price as well. And they deliver right to your door without costly handling fees or minimum orders.

Many people do not realize that Sears handles parts for most all major brands of appliances and also for consumer-grade tools & machinery.  They also have excellent exploded parts diagrams for a wide variety of equipment, so it is a good source of tech info as well.

Kenneth

We have one of those centers here, a few minutes south of league city. They have great specials on their refurbished items also.

Tom

Administrator
I used to appreciate going down to a Sears Parts warehouse, looking at the exploded views and finding what I needed. However, now they encourage you to use a national 800 number and the person at the end of the phone is looking at the exploded views. But they're definitely a great parts resource.

Tom

Administrator
Hi Kenneth,

We're a long way from the parts center I used to visit a couple of houses ago. I'd forgotten about the deals they used to have on refurbished items until I read your message.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Kenneth said:
We have one of those centers here, a few minutes south of league city. They have great specials on their refurbished items also.

Is that League City, Tx and if so where?  We visit our daughter and her family in League City Tx and that would be another attraction almost as good as visiting the Fry's Electronics store there.

Tom

Administrator
Ron, the magnetron came from 1500 Roe St, Dallas, TX 76215 but I have no idea if this place is open for walk-ins.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Tom said:
Ron, the magnetron came from 1500 Roe St, Dallas, TX 76215 but I have no idea if this place is open for walk-ins.

Thanks Tom.  Even though we also visit the Dallas area I doubt I would put up with the Dallas traffic and roads to find it since we will also be in League City south of Houston either right before or after we visit Dallas.  If there is one South of League City it would probably be easier to get to.

Kenneth

Ron,

If you stayed at the space center rv park,when you were here, its about three miles straight south in Dickinson off fm646 real close to
I-45.

Ron if your interested in unique electronic stores, theres a place off of Nasa rd one,called EPO its a gadget lovers heaven. They buy excess everything in bulk and sell it to the public. Lots of discontinued production run type items. Every time I go there I am always amazed at whats new.

Kenneth

Tom said:
We're a long way from the parts center I used to visit a couple of houses ago. I'd forgotten about the deals they used to have on refurbished items until I read your message.

Tom,

All my lawn and garden equipment came from there ;D Most of the items are brand new store returns because the owner couldn't keep it running or get it started,or scratch and ding items. Great deals on just about anything Sears sold ,sans clothing/jewelry ;).

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for the info.  Will have to check out the Electronics place too.  I was really impressed with the League City Fry's Electronics because of their space them.  From all the Fry's stores I have visited that they have done the them up best.  Is that EPO store North or South of the Ellington Field entrance?

Kenneth

Ron,

EPO is one block north of Nasa rd one on old Galveston hwy 3, south of Ellington field on the corner of medical center blvd and hwy 3.

Not a very large building but packed full of electronics. The Fry's is massive ,easy place to spend a few hours in.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
You don't need a Sears Parts warehouse - the Sears exploded parts diagrams are available online at the Sears.com web site, in the Parts area.  You can look up your part and order it right from your desk/lap top.

Tom

Administrator
Well duh, I guess technology has come a long way in the last 20 years.

Top Bottom