Second time winner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
    Howdy everyone:

I got a call today on the road from a friend and member of the Heard Nature Photographers.  He informed me that I had won the Image of the Year for the second year in a row.  The winning image was one from White Sands, NM.  I'll have to verify which of two it could have been.  I was flabbergasted.  Could not believe that they would even consider my submissions again after winning last year.  He also told me that 8 of my images were selected in the first round of elimination.

Just wanted to let you know. (bg)

Congratulations Ron! I know you put a lot of effort and expertise into your photography.

Good show, Ron.  We're not surprised at all having seen your excellent work.

Thanks Gary.  I have attached a copy of the one I think is the shot.

Attachments

• White Sands 2005 063 copy (Small).jpg
    White Sands 2005 063 copy (Small).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 81
Ron  Absolutely a marvelous shot and congratulations.  Well deserved.

I add my congratulations here (I offered them privately in response to your PM) on a great pic.  In fact, I much prefer this winning image to the one that was in your portfolio that we looked at while at QZ last month.

Now then, have you already got the image for a threepeat? :)

Ciao,

Doug

Hi Ron,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a great photo. Makes me want to go back to White Sands as all my photos are 35mm and not that great. Would love to take some digital. Look out now, if they do what they did to me after winning our small contest two years in a row you'll find yourself in another category!!!! ;D ;D I haven't won since!

Jim:

Thanks very much.

They might not let me enter next year or I might have to forget about putting any of mine up, so I don't tick the others off.

Probably the only reason for my success is the fact that I get to travel a lot more than other folk.  It gives me a lot more subject matter to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom