Securing Euro chair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, you would have privacy.  The desk was Lorna's idea, by the way.  I was happy working at the dinette :)

Must be a female thing Ned. A couple of the 45 foot coaches we looked at yesterday had mini-offices separated from the rest of the living area. Chris really liked those and told the sales guy "I can shove him in there with all his junk"  ;D

Tom said:
if I had a desk like yours Ned, Chris would move me out to an office in a tow-behind trailer? ;D

Better be carefull Tom, you might just give Chris some ideas.  What kind trailer would you like? ??? ???

Tom,

There are times I really would like a separate office, but it just isn't possible in 38'.

Tom said:
Any chance of a photo of the clamp James?

The first photo shows the clamp holding the chair. The second photo shows the bracket in the basement compartment overhead that the clamp screws into. The third photo shows the bracket detached so the chair can be moved. The small hole in the carpet can hardly be seen.

James

Attachments

• EuroChair1.jpg
    EuroChair1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 460
  • EuroChair2.jpg
    EuroChair2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 295
  • EuroChair3.jpg
    EuroChair3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 291
Thanks James. Those photos clearly illustrate it. Did the clamp come with the coach and chair, or is that something you added?

The clamp was factory installed. In fact, today when I took the pictures is the first time it has been off. :)

James

Doesn't look like it would be difficult to fabricate and install one myself James. I'll just need to check under the slideout to make sure the fastener (bolt/stud) wouldn't run interference when extending or retracting the slideout.

James Godward said:
Bruce,

We have an Ekornes in both the living room at home and another in the MH.? The one in the MH is about 2/3 the weight of the big one in the living room.? BG? Pat nor I have a significant problem moving it to gain access to a cupboard or to clean.? Yes, it is not light but it is not that big a problem.

Bernie, if you read this, Post a picture of your computer table attached to your chair!? VBG

What model number do you have in the RV?

Betty Brewer said:
Terry found this in a google search.  SCAN Design, 856 Willamette St

Betty, we were walking around downtown Eugene today and by chance I saw Scan Design out of the corner of my eye. Looks like Countryside Interiors has a larger selection and they both carry several of the same styles. I asked for the Terry Brewer discount and was told "that will be an extra $200". I preferred the full price.

Bruce,

>>What model number do you have in the RV?<<

I have no idea!!  I'm not sure where the slip is either as it was bought in 2001.  VBG  I will look though.  Who knows with all the sorting, packing and throwing, I may find it!!  Moving is Hell and ours is not till probably next year!  :-((

Another option is the Lafer chair with the integrated foot rest.  One less piece of furniture to trip over :)  I love mine.

Ned said:
Another option is the Lafer chair with the integrated foot rest.

I tried that chair at Scan Design. Chris liked the idea of the integrated foot rest instead of a separate ottoman to move around. It wasn't as comfortable for me as some of the Ekoners chairs. But then, some of the Ekoners chairs didn't work for me either.

BernieD said:
I have an Ambassador model.

That's the one that was most comfortable for my bod Bernie. Do you have the large or the medium size?

Tom said:
That's the one that was most comfortable for my bod Bernie. Do you have the large or the medium size?

Tom

I think each of the sizes have a different name. Ours is the largest size in the least expensive design. It was a tight fit but we did get it thru the front door ;D

BernieD said:
I think each of the sizes have a different name.

That's correct Bernie and I misunderstood what the gal in the store told me. I have the Ekornes catalog in hand and it confirms the Ambassador is the largest in that style, Consul is medium and Diplomat is small. Although far from being the most expensive, there were lower priced Ekornes models on display. Adding to the mix the gal said there are three grades of leather available for all styles/sizes, although the catalog shows a fourth grade. IIRC there was $200 difference as you went to each next higher grade of leather.

Scan Design had the Ambassador in a choice of black, black, or black  :(

LOL Ron, black was near the bottom of my list, just above red and green.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom