Securing Euro chair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom:

I shopped for my chair at Countryside Interiors and at Scan Design.  I found the latter to be more organized and comprehensive about sizes and styles and colors.  They also had a bigger stock in their warehouses.  CI didn't have all sizes or as much knowledge.  Also, pricing was much more favorable at SD.  In the Ekornes line, be careful of the top-of-the-line style.  Vegas is its large one.  There is a fold of leather that hits your elbow just wrong.  I had the small Tampa.  Gave it away and got one for half the price but a much more comfortable arm.  I have a small RV and hated the Ekornes ottoman from the start, because it took up my aisle.  This one has a foldunder footrest.  What I'd love to find someday is a smaller recliner with the foldunder footrest.  Doesn't have to be expensive.

As to the slipping, mine have both been on ceramic tile, and they don't budge.  The round base on mine has non-skid rubber pieces that help.  The one I have now is a Kiri.  By the way, braddandhall.com has a lot of these chairs for no shipping, no tax, and very favorable pricing.

--pat

Pat

My recent experience with Countryside Interiors and Scan Design appears to be quite different from yours. CI has more models and colors in stock locally. They also have either the same or lower prices than SD on the models I'm interested in. The folks at CI also seem to understand the needs of RVers much better than the folks I talked to at SD.

Thanks for the warning, but I won't be buying their top of the line. I've sat in every model/size numerous times over several visits. Bernie and I must be shaped very similar because I keep coming back to the chair he has. I was concerned about the ottoman getting in the way and looked again at the Lafer chair with the fold-under footrest that Ned has, but the boss said "if you don't use the ottoman, I will".

Thanks for the tip re braddandhall.com. I'll check them out. IIRC they're the folks in Indiana (?)

Edit: Brad and Hall's web site shows the Lafer and Palliser chairs in addition to Flexsteel products, but don't show any Ekornes.

We bought our Lafer and our new Flexsteel front seats from Bradd&Hall.  Nice people to deal with.  They're in Elkhart, IN.

The Ekornes Ambassador chair it is. Picked it up this afternoon at Countryside Interiors. Thought I might have to remove the door of the coach to get it in, but we were able to manouver it in without doing that.

Countryside is also re-upholstering our remaining sofa, courtesy of Monaco. That should be ready Thursday.

Attachments

• Ekornes.jpg
    Ekornes.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 421
Tom:  I don't know why I got the impression some friends got their Ekornes at Bradd & Hall.  I'll ask when they finally get to an internet connection. 

I loaded my Ekornes in the MH disassembled, which was easy, but assembly was tricky.  Finally got it together.  Then I had to haul the thing out to replace it with the Kiri.  Except for the leather flap, the Ekornes was more comfortable than the Kiri.  The Kiri's arms are very comfortable.  The only problem is its one-size-fits-all is a bit large for my space.  What's the name of the middle size of the Ambassador's group?  I assume you bought the large.  Also, have you looked at the Ekornes website?  It's kind of fun for playing with the colors.  What color did you get?

--pat

Tom said:
The Ekornes Ambassador chair it is. Picked it up this afternoon at Countryside Interiors.

Hey Tom,

That chair is identical in every way to our chair.? Except yours is cleaner!? How did you get Monaco to recover your couch?? I need new upholstry!

Betty

Tom:  That's the chair I had selected.  I think the medium size was the Mayfair or something.  It was comfortable.

Someday I'll find a small size recliner that has a fold-under footrest.  For now my Kiri provides enough aisle space, even though overall it's too large. 

--pat

Pat

Brad & Hall may have them in the store, but it's been a couple of years since we were there and we weren't looking for this chair at the time.

Th ambassador is large and the Diplomat is the mid size. Ours is desert color.

Betty Brewer said:
How did you get Monaco to recover your couch?

Check out the photo Betty. Chris says the combination of poor fabric and the direction in which they sewed it virtually guaranteed failure. We're paying the difference to upgrade to ultraleather.

Attachments

• old_sofa3.jpg
    old_sofa3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 28
Tom said:
Check out the photo Betty. Chris says the combination of poor fabric and the direction in which they sewed it virtually guaranteed failure. We're paying the difference to upgrade to ultraleather.

My sofa has worn just due to  use.  I selected the fabric for beauty and not for wear.  But I've put a blanket on the seat and it will be fine for  a while longer.  Glad you are getting the upgrade. 

Betty Brewer

Betty,

Since we bought the coach off a dealer's lot, Monaco chose the fabric. Interestingly, they told me they buy the fabric and send it to Flextseel to use on sofas they build for Monaco.

Betty Brewer said:
I've put a blanket on the seat and it will be fine for a while longer.

That's what Chris did but, in our case, the sofa started coming apart almost from day 1.

Tom,

I think you exceeded the GCSW (Gross combined Sofa Weight) when you fell down on the couch after happy hour ;D

Chris

LOL Chris. I don't need happy hour to exceed GCSW. But the sofa is Chris' primary chair, so I can say "not guilty"  ;D

Back
Top Bottom