seeking advice in unusual situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sageandspirit

Hi all, I just stumbled on this site, and it looks like it will have some great info.

In the meantime, I found it because I am in a predicament. I left Florida on August 3rd, and on August 25th, I injured my back or sciatica but continued my road trip. I had quite a bit of bad luck with the RV being stranded and needing tow for alternator and starter. Bit of big bucks Then got to ACE campground on Walter George Lake, and first had Awning catching a big gust of wind off the lake destroying the entire awning arm. Awning is a waste now.

Then 2 days of the most bizarre ant infestation, and then a wild rainstorm bringing a branch down on my screened house. All this happened in 5 day stay and my back not getting a chance to heal on its o.

I continued to go northward bound as I had plans in Elligay and Blairsville. As it turned out, I limped into Canton, Ga, where a good person offered her home to me for sleep and go to her chiropractor. I stayed in that area for a week, seeing the chiropractor 4 times out of 6 days. It was a rotated pelvis and many associated issues.

Finally, I wrote on 5 RV Group sites that I wondered if I could pay someone or fly them into the area and drive me. Nothing was working out
A gal freind from Florida has a 2nd home here in Buford, GA, bordering Sugar Hill and Cummings. She encouraged me last Friday to not try to drive home, but to take a day to slow down, and work my way over to Buford from the Woodstock, Ga area where I was camping. If I could hold out till today, I could stay and rest at her home till the 30th. So I got myself to Buford, utilized the LA fitness Center there, drydockked in the Walmart lot, see the doctor for xrays, consult and 2 adjustment sessions.

When my girlfried arrived today, I felt like it was the American Red Cross showed up . She has a home on the ACE Peninsula. The road in and onto her property is only one lane and too windy, curvy, and radically downward deep. Just isn't going to work to get my van parked here. I have been in such pain and focused solely on taking care of it that I haven't found an alternative. I chose to leave it at a market overnight. Although I often stay at WalMarts, I am in it. Today wa like an emergency for me, I just had to get in a restful home and try to be better by the end of next week. This started August 25th and today is Sept 24th. Tough month of pain. If anyone is interested in my stories, I write a FB group called Sage n' Spirit in VAN-derland , although I haven't been too inspirational with all my distress.

I am praying that God protects my Roadtrek tonight, but i don't want to push my luck, so I was looking for other ideas. It does not have to be free. So I stumbled on yours referring to churches . How do I go about finding out. I just got here today and I am not sure what's what around.

Question is, how do I go about approaching this aside of sitting and calling one by one. Any other ideas would be great. I won't need to sleep in it, just need a safe place to park it.

Thanks for listening and hope someone will have an idea I can lock in, Saundra

I stayed at White Oak Creek COE campground (south of the town of Eufaula) in April of last year. My former lead mechanic invited me to follow them down so I reserved a site across from them and set up. They are relatively new to RV'ing but Sally is a real proactive person and made sure to read all of the campground reviews and there are numerous mentions of the ant problem. Get you some Sevin Dust in a plastic squeeze container and you will be much happier in the future. I got the ants and Sally loaned me their Sevin Dust and I covered the tongue jack foot, around the wheels and stabilizers and the shore cord. Ants gone.

As mentioned, look for secure boat and RV storage facilities. You need to move the van quickly or Wal-Mart will have it towed. You don't want that. Almost any place will work with you for a month if you explain you back issue.

Good luck in your travels
Charles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom