Seeking Rear View Camera Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NCSU Dad

Not a back up camera. Hopefully a DIY project. Installing on a 32' Class C.

Thanks

I don't remember what size mine was(sold the coach almost 5 years ago, but I'd get the biggest monitor I had room for

I have the typical ladder on the rear drivers side. I'm concerned that will partially block the view with a single camera. Is this an issue? Would 2 cameras give me a better look at what is behind me?

Last edited:
I got one of these installed and it has a 7" screen. It is installed in the middle of my rig on the back, exactly where my old black and white and fuzzy one was installed. https://www.campingworld.com/furrion-vision-s-7-single-camera-vehicle-observation-system-115849.html?cgid=backup-systems-accessories#start=1&cgid=electronics%2Fbackup-systems-accessories It stays on as a rear view camera at all times the engine is running. When I had to replace my front window last winter, I had them NOT install the old rear view mirror. There is a small bracket if I want to reinstall my old mirror, but leaving it off gave me room to stick this replacement on higher up so it does not block my view. The placement higher up on my front window also means it does not block my 7" GPS.

It was not cheap, but I do like the wide view. I believe it can be adjusted to give a more narrow view, however. Only problem is that objects seem a lot farther behind you than they really are.

The monitor is wireless, but it does plug into the cigarette lighter in the front to get power. And, the camera does use the power wiring from my old camera.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom