seeking someone that reads orient multi-linqual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

trying to find someone that knows someone that can read chinese, mandarin, and possibly other chinese dialeks. i need to send them an image to find out what it says.

its a question i have asked before on here, i was hoping a new member might know.

DonTom said last time it was not chinese. But i dont know any other lang that uses those chars and i have eliminated japanese.

i have left a message for several college language instructors but no reply

a japanese instructor told me its not japanese

it has to be chinese or some dialect of it. The only other option is that the mark is fake and they just scribbled fake chars.

Last edited:
trying to find someone that knows someone that can read chinese, mandarin, and possibly other chinese dialeks. i need to send them an image to find out what it says.
When it comes to READING Chinese it makes NO difference. They cannot speak to each other, but they can still write a note to each other--maybe.

There is the old original traditional Chinese characters and new shorthand Chinese. Has nothing at all to do with Cantonese and Mandarin. The writing is the same even if the speech is different.

The old is still used in Hong Kong (AFAIK). The new (a lot less strokes) is used in the mainland. Both the Mandarin and Cantonese can read it. It gives people from Hong Kong trouble, but they can often get enough to figure out many words. The"shorthand" is very easy for those who only know the traditional to learn.

The older writing looks like on top below.

The simplified looks more like the bottom. Many less strokes to mean the same thing.

1659943586256.png

--Don- Phoenix, OR

Thanks DonTom, i am perplexed. If its not japanese and its not any form of chinese, i dont know any other country that uses such characters, so maybe that means its fake.

Cant be arabic can it?

here is the image0813211159.jpg

Check this out

looks kind of like it, not exactly but same kind of squares maybe

ok so after i rotated the image to proper position i found one of them.

the one in the square here is for Zhi (make)

edit_stamp.jpg

Last edited:
the one in the square here is for Zhi (make)
I think you figured it out! I noticed others, such as the first one in the first photo being the last one in the 2nd photo off by 90 degrees.

I don't know a thing about ancient Chinese pottery marks, so I didn't even think about that possibility. But I am fairly sure you have it figured out.

-Don- Crescent City, CA

My wife has some family heirlooms with those types of markings. I figured that they were makers marks but could never could find more info that would help value the pieces. I would be interested if you have better luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom