Segway go's Starbucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terry A. Brewer

I had been looking for a gimbaled cup holder for my Segway...and who better to ask than Chris & Tom Jones, boaters extraordinaries.?

Today I received a package from the Jone's containing just what I was looking for, see pics.

Thanks Chris & Tom you didn't leave a bill...How much do I owe you.

Attachments

• Gimbal Cup05 (Small).JPG
    Gimbal Cup05 (Small).JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Gimbal Cup06 (Small).JPG
    Gimbal Cup06 (Small).JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Gimbal Cup08 (Small).JPG
    Gimbal Cup08 (Small).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 63
Glad it arrived safely Terry and that it worked out OK, but sorry it's not color-coordinated with the Segway. I was going to send it before you went to Alaska, but Betty mentioned you were leaving the Segway behind, so figured I'd wait until you got home. Then I almost forgot about it  :-[  BTW did you notice that it also adjusts to different diameter cups/glasses?

Tom

>>BTW did you notice that it also adjusts to different diameter cups/glasses?<<

I DID....It's perfect.

Terry  Certainly glad to see you on the Segway,  now maybe the wife will allow me to get one.  She says I need for exercise and I figure that would be a very nice way to get some.  After all I'm old and retired, don't want to do anything strenuous.  She's been on my butt cuz I drive the golfcarts all over the park and at least I would be standing during the time on the Segway.  What you think?  Think she might go for it if I don't show her a pic?

Shayne, How on earth do you figure that riding around the park on a Segway is 'getting exercise'???? WALKING is exercise.

LOL Wendy, you're right - there's no way that a Segway is any form of exercise.

FWIW I have the worst sense of balance you could imagine. But it took me only a couple of seconds to get comfortable on a Segway that I 'test drove' at an FMCA rally. However, when Chris suggested I buy one, I had big time sticker shock. We settled for a pair of scooters I found unused at a garage sale.

Wendy Tom shame on you ,I was trying to get my bride to jar loose with some dinero and get me one of the Segways  You sure know how to burst my bubble  Heck I thought that would be more exercise than riding the golf cart wouldn't it?

Wendy

>> I thought Segways got recalled<<

They did for a software upgrade....and I have already had it done.

Terry:

Can you drink and drive at the same time on your Segway?

Terry,

I'll bet that would work on my motorcycle! On second thought, I have enough to concentrate on without trying to drink coffee. ;D ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Can you drink and drive at the same time on your Segway?

Yes, if he uses the 30" hose from his cordless grease gun as a long straw.

You can buy those cup holders at Bicylce shops as well.

Nice Sedway by the way. Have fun.

There goes the Segway? ? Pockets have holes in them and she controls the purse strings.? Darn it I need toys? Toys Toys.

Shayne,

Buy the cup holder first and maybe the Segway will follow in time.

LOL  Guess I could tell the cup holder is part of the frame and needs to be attached to the rest of the unit and or great harm will come to me.  Maybe I'll heal in 2 or 3 weeks again  lol

Just curious....can you drive one of those Segways with only one hand? How about with a coffee cup in one hand and a cell phone in the other?  ;D

Bruce

>>Just curious....can you drive one of those Segways with only one hand?<<

You can do it hands-free as long as you don't want to make a turn.

Back
Top Bottom