SeilerBird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ziplock

I know you live in Florida and was wondering if you have collected seashells on Sanibel Island

We are making a trip down to Florida soon. Any opinions. Is it worth a stop to see and look around, and maybe find a nice sea shell?

Waving at you and hope all is well with you.

I have been to Sanibel several times. The Ding Darling Bird Reserve is located there and is one of the best places in Florida to see and photograph birds. All is well with me, in fact everything is fantastic in my world. Make sure you visit the Edison Home and museum while you are in the Fort Myers area.

Reactions: SMR
HI! Great, thanks for the recommendations.

Is this what you are talking about?

Both places sound interesting to us. I would not have known if you had not mentioned them.

Cool.

And thanks again for the information. And we might have helped others too!:)

Reactions: SMR
I have been to Sanibel several times. The Ding Darling Bird Reserve is located there and is one of the best places in Florida to see and photograph birds. All is well with me, in fact everything is fantastic in my world. Make sure you visit the Edison Home and museum while you are in the Fort Myers area.
What a great recommendation. March is a super time of year to visit.

Should you be near Clearwater i can highly recommend Caladesi State Park (boat access), and Honeymoon Island. Beautiful locations, like most of Florida.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1615116709025.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615116709025.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1615116721447.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615116721447.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1615116768764.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615116768764.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks for the info, we are a few hours away at Myakka River State Park, might have to check them out.

Some years back, A friend of mine w3as going to Sanibel with his kids. I suggested that he give them each a weight limit on the amount of shells that they could collect. He asked why, and I told him that he would be sorry if he didn't. He didn't, and he was. They ended up hauling 60 lbs. of shells back home.

If you want to find shells in good condition, get a tide table, and plan to arrive as the tide is going out. Otherwise, they get picked over rather quickly. Also, expect to have some difficulty parking near a beach.

Joel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom