Select Forums to ignore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried that just now, Jackie, and once I hit OK all posts go away, but when I exit that forum it's still highlighted, even after a refresh, then when I click on that forum again the filter is gone -- evidently the filter is just for the moment, and it has no effect on the main page.

I tried that just now, Jackie, and once I hit OK all posts go away, but when I exit that forum it's still highlighted, even after a refresh, then when I click on that forum again the filter is gone -- evidently the filter is just for the moment, and it has no effect on the main page.
Oh well, it was worth a shot, thanks for trying šŸ˜

Thanks for all of your attempts at resolving the issue. I think it is a lot easier to control watched/unwashed forums on my other site since the active membership is under a dozen and most posts were confined to a very limited number of forums/threads. As noted above by some of you, I am trying to recreate the ignore capability of our previous software. It's difficult for me to wade thru 2-3 pages of new posts whenever I log onto the forum when most of them are what I previously ignored. I'm sure a solution will eventually be achieved, hey Tom even got me to give up VA<BG>.

Everyone has their own way of participating. I too would love an "ignore forum" feature but I've figured how how to get by.

Watched forums and watched threads didn't do what I personally would have liked or expected so that kind of feature wasn't helpful to me.

I pretty much exclusively use the "threads I've posted in" and "New Posts" buttons. On the new posts screen I scroll down until I hit the post with a start date prior to the last time I looked at the forum, nothing beyond that interested me last time so I mark them all read.

Given the easily confused terminology (well, I was sure confused :unsure: ), I've changed the subject of this thread to be descriptive of the desired forum feature.

I merely pointed out what the function description says it does; others can believe the description or not. Debating how somebody else's software works is futile - it is what it is.
That was my point. Nowt we can do to influence the XF developers.
Now if I could HIDE a forum or topic, I would not expect to see it anywhere.
Re-reading the discussion, you hit the nail on the head there! And it went right over my head :(

Thanks to Bernie for the request and to others for chiming in. I've bumped the feature request.

A quick search showed that there's a 3rd party software add-on that does the same as the prior Ignore Boards function. This might be what's installed on the other forum that Bernie participates in (?). Just an FYI, Tech Support and Forum Management are letting this place settle down before installing any software add-ons.
Tom
Has there been any update on the watched/unwatched forums process? Rethinking my other Xenforo forum, it was so small and the threads so limited that my unwatched were more overlooked than filtered, tho the owner did have a number of mods made.

Tom
Has there been any update on the watched/unwatched forums process? Rethinking my other Xenforo forum, it was so small and the threads so limited that my unwatched were more overlooked than filtered, tho the owner did have a number of mods made.
Haven't heard anything Bernie.

OTOH we have the Resources add-on which has allowed us to migrate a significant part of our old forum library.

Last edited:
It might be worth playing around with this to see if it suits your requirements.

Go into each Forum you are interested in. Click Watch top right, then select whether or not you want notifications then click Watch at the bottom.

There is a Forum drop down arrow, select Watched forums.

This page will show you only the forums usually have selected.

You just go back in and Unwatch, then click Unwatch again to remove any.

I've only done this limited trial but it might be what you want?

Sorry photos are probably not in the right order

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-191626_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-191626_Chrome.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210509_193622.jpg
    20210509_193622.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210509_193649.jpg
    20210509_193649.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210509_194728.jpg