Self contained water tank capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamihemelstrand

I have a 1997 northland camper, and I can’t find in the manual how many gallons the self contained water tank holds. I want to sanitize and instructions say to use so much per gallon and I have no idea lol. Does anyone know this or the typical camper tank size?? Thanks!!

If you can access the tank and measure the dimensions, there's 7.48 gallons in a cubic foot. Since you'll likely be measuring in inches, there's 1728 cubic inches in a cubic foot or 231 cubic inches in a gallon.

Nothing like empirical measurement. Fill the tank and empty it into a known container (e.g. 5 gallon bucket). If you have a city water meter you can measure how much it takes to fill it.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Agree with Charles - a guess is close enough. If in doubt, make the chlorine solution stronger; short of 100% chlorine you really can't have too much. An extra cupful never hurts.

Larger RVs, say those over 30 ft, likely have 40-50 gallon fresh tanks. Smaller ones are more likely 30-35 gallons. But you can make your solution based on 50 or 60 gallons and the worst that happens is you waste some bleach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom