Selling and done with RVing at least for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hi, just wanted to thank everyone here for their kindness (those of you who were kind that is) lol hee hee

I have decided that this lifestyle is not working out for me.  The biggest deal is that i still just dont fit in anywhere.  My impression of being a full timer was wrong from the very start and i guess i just did not do my research before i set out. 

I stay to myself and i go out of my way to avoid drama and issues, but still i have had the cops called on me twice for something that i never did just because someone didnt like me and out of spite.  The first officer (sheriff) agreed with me that it was nothing and that they were making a moutain out of a molehill, no crime was committed and that was that.    Then when that didnt work or get me in trouble (as they hoped it would) then they called the local police to come see me saying i was doing things that were not true.  Again no evidence at all just BS, im not that kind of person to do those things.  But even though there was no crime committed and no evidence against me whatsoever it got me banned from a place i visit frequently.  This officer found me guilty even before he walked up to me, he didnt want to talk, he just wanted to tell me what was going to happen and that was that, even though i did nothing at all to anyone. 

So this time they got their way, im banned and the people that dont like me got their way for now.  I am planning to visit the chief of police monday to get my good name back because character means something to me. 

And then i will consider whether or not to sue them for defamation and i feel i have a good case.  How someone cannot like me i dont know geeze im a totally nice guy with no ill intent.

But anyway to the topic sorry i had to preface this above. 

It just turnes out that i dont fit in anywhere yet.  Yes i have some friends here at the RV park who are very well known in this town and who will stand with me on this and give me great character references.  However if being nice is a crime in this little town, then i dont want to be here anyway. 

I thought that being a RV'er in a Texas small town would be no drama, kind people, fresh experiences, and just simple respect.  But what i am finding and this goes for everywhere not just Texas, is that some people are just not born to fit in anywhere.  And if that is the case with me then ill have to accept that fact and just realize that those that RV already have friends, and they go places to see those friends, and not to find new ones. 

I wanted to RV because i thought it would be a great experience for me to not have to deal with all the BS that comes with dating and relationships and yet still have some social life, because im not looking for dating or sex or a romantic relationship of any kind.  But that is not the case, the social life in RVing is built within the groups that already know each other and those that already have the social life and just make it mobile. 

On top of all that RV or no RV im just one of those people that is always the third wheel no matter what the situation and i can live with that, but what i cant live with is having expectations of friendlyness and kindness in person and getting ripped a new one every time i put my hand out.

They say that the fabric of america is falling apart, i believe that to be true.  When people no longer handle their own issues even with the slightest disagreement they feel the need to call the cops then we have lost the battle already.  It used to be that issues where handled with discussion but now days you even look at someone wrong and here come the cops to hassle you because your the bad guy automatically.

I thought i was part something larger than myself being a RVer, but in reality its just another type of box to live in and no different than living in a home or shelter.    Especially when no matter where you go people think your a freak just because you have no teeth, bald and over 6' tall.  So regardless where i live it will always be the same thing. 

So since i have failed at being an RVer as well then im selling everything, my RV, the leased lot, all my improvments and everything for $20,000 and im waking away and i have no idea where ill end up. 

It is a hard lesson to learn and i hope the kids today learn it before its too late, and that lesson is "its what you have that gets you friends, not just who you are".   

Anyway i had a couple of projects that i wanted to share but ill just sell this place and move on.  Maybe one day ill be back maybe not, but i guess wherever i end up then ill have to except that is where the good lord wants me to be. 

Take care everyone and thanks for your kindness always.

Peace...
dave :)

RV have wheels so you can sort out the idiots and MOVE. What are you doing in an RV park? You are supposed to be out boondocking. I think some of the live in places would be a bad choice. Go to places that have real full timers or snowbirds.

Thanks,  breaking down the 5ver every stop was too much for me both to remember and to do physically so i stopped traveling.  Thats how i ended up here.

Is it financialy benificial to be in the RV? Every time people make a change it costs. Maybe you could try a different park or move from time to time. If a place gets a little stale say to heck with it and move on. While you are parked somewhere you might use spare time to check out other places.

Thanks its probably not a bad idea, since im so bad at making roots then i should probably just accept that i need to keep on the move.  The police chief is going to be back from vacation on monday and im sure he will be slammed, but i hope to at least get a few minutes with him there or here to work things out once and for all so that this BS stops.  I just hope he has an open ear and not so one sided as his deputy.

I dont really care about the place im banned from, maybe i should not have told the owner their food was horrible and pricey, but it was. If they dont want my business all they had to do was say hey dont come back, and that would have been that. 

But instead and this is what i HATE about people now days.  I was just in there for lunch today and everyone was so friendly and we were all talking and nothing was ever said about anything, and then an hour later for no reason the cops show up at my door.  I think cops have better things to do than to handle petty issues from someone that got butthurt.

The big issue is that the restraunt is part of the larger building where i pay my bills and get my mail, and the cop told me that i could not go into any of the building at all.  I said well they are two different businesses with different doors and i have to pay my bills and get my mail.  He said that its one bulding so its one rule.  I dont agree, there is a dividing wall between the two and even the office says they have no issue with me at all and that i have always been very kind (which i am and have been). 

The office says the restraunt cant keep me from the office part of the building because its different so i think this cop is either trying to bluff me or he does not know the lease laws.  The restraunt ony has rights to what they lease and nothing more. 

The office lady just laughed (we both did) and she said oh wait i know dave you honk and ill run out and get your payment from you LMAO and we both lost it laughing  ...

how silly is this petty stuff i swear man...

But this butthurt lady is trying to make things miserable for me and i dont even know why other than i didnt like her food. 

I have been full timing as a single for 25 years and I have had exactly the opposite results. I run into wonderful people all the time. I have been living in an RV park in Florida the last five years and I love the place, my neighbors and the spectacular view. I have three ukulele meetups to go to today to keep me busy. Life is wonderful. Dave I really think your problem is not you but location location location. Try Florida or Arizona instead.

Well....  you can't go around telling people that their cooking is bad and high priced without some sort of trouble afterwards. If the cooking stinks you should have just stopped eating there. Do you own the lot or rent by the month? If you own it you may have boxed yourself into a corner sort of.

We don't know all of what is going on there but let me say this. Stay away from all of it and keep to yourself for now and let the dust settle. A lot of the time you need to check yourself. If you are having a lot of problems maybe it's you that is the problem. In that case stop talking to people and stick to yourself. On the other hand, now days there are indeed a lot of people who plain old suck. Look at the political situation, you can't wear a hat or tee shirt in some places without risking you life. We don't need to go any farther with that but that's the way it is.  It's almost like you can hardly talk to people because something is going to go wrong.

I was in the self-checkout at a Home Depot and they want your ID for a can of spray paint I believe so the guy next to me and the cashier we were laughing when I was saying I was going to take it home and huff it we started joking about stuff like that and I said yeah and I'm going to stop at the store and get some Tide Pods to eat and other guy was laughing the woman laughed and she says my son was in the hospital for that and I stopped instantly and said what she said yeah my son was in the hospital for eating Tide Pods I thought to myself oh my God here I went and did it again you can't hardly talk about anything joking around or whatever without taking somebody off.

So you need to explore your options. Maybe you could go apologize and beg for forgiveness. Maybe you could back off and stay to yourself and drop your payment in the mail or whatever. I wouldn't mess with going in the building because now days you risk getting shot by the cops. If none of that will work move on to some other place and be quite. Stop and listen to what people are asking you and don't offer anything more on any other topics. If they talk about the weather then talk about the weather. If they talk about dogs then touch on dogs and keep it brief.

What part of Texas are you in? Maybe you could take a break and boondock for a while and start hiking, biking or doing something else by yourself. 

Edit: i will also say that when I have eaten the worst thing that my wife has ever cooked I told her it was good. Remember that.

durangod said:
Thanks,  breaking down the 5ver every stop was too much for me both to remember and to do physically so i stopped traveling.  Thats how i ended up here.

I agree with you......RVing is not for you.
Ever consider the drama which you dislike is somewhat created by you?
I was given great advise a long time ago.....Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Wishing you the best as you move forward.

QZ i lease and my new lease just started the 5th of august. 

Koodog said:
I agree with you......RVing is not for you.
Ever consider the drama which you dislike is somewhat created by you?
I was given great advise a long time ago.....Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Wishing you the best as you move forward.

You are right RVing is probably not for me, i thought it was something that it is not.  I thought it would offer me a connection to people my age to hang with, it doesnt.  I thought owning a home would make me more paletable to others, it doesnt.  I thought i had finally made the turn towards peace within myself, i havent.  I thought RVing would be fun, it isnt.  I thought it would be financially comfortable, its not.  I thought i mattered, i dont.  I thought i could conquer my social awkwardness, i cant.

There is another great saying "those at the top never understand why everyone cant reach the peak because they forget not everyone is good at climbing"

I am incredibly introspective, i analyze everything i say and do, how i walk and talk.  I go out of my way to be sure there is no misunderstanding to the point that i look foolish much of the time to others.  And yet with all the prevention there is still drama.  So you say i may bring it on myself, well if being myself causes drama then i guess im just a freak.

I didnt write this topic to get ideas how to solve things, there is only one solution and we all know what that is and i am getting closer every day to accepting that fact that i just dont belong anywhere in this world.      I wrote this topic to say goodbuy to the people here that have taken the time to say nice things and share nice things about themselves and those that have been friendly and kindhearted. 

Im sure it will all work out but if it does not noone really loses anything do they, and thats the hardest thing to accept is that it just does not matter what happens. 

Take care - no more replies are necessary...  i thank you all...

Dave :)

Whoa Dave. Take a breath. Nobody said life was easy!
God has given everyone of his children gifts, things that we can do better than most. Sometimes it takes awhile to determine what your gifts are.
You clearly have a good heart. Have you tried volunteering at say a homeless shelter, soup kitchen, hospital, church? Have you tried talking to a Minister, Priest Rabbi or any other man of God? It's free!
It seems that you lack self worth. The best way to improve your self worth is by helping others.
People can be assholes, also part of life. Smile and ignore those that do not share your positive attitude and hang with people that do.
God bless you and snap out of it!

Dave...I agree with Jeff. Find a way to do something for others. And, wherever you go, whether it's RVing, an apartment, a house, or a tent, you'll still have YOU with you. You can't fix other people, and I agree, there are a lot who need fixing...LOL The only thing you can do is fix how you react to them or how you allow them to affect you. God bless as you move on.

X2 just hang in there. There's no reason not to keep rv'ing, and no reason not to keep posting here if you do stop rv'ing. Like above, I suggest you talk to a man of God. No, he won't be able to fix everything, but may be able to help you find your niche in life. Most likely will take more than one visit, but give it a try.

Sorry to see you change your mind, but if I'm being honest, many of your threads, and posts seemed to revolve around either drama, or some degree of lack of self worth.  Maybe you should seek help?  I'm not bashing, just keeping it real.

Good luck to you.

Dave,

People often feel they are the only ones with feelings similar to what you're having, when in reality virtually everyone has those feeling at some point in their lives.

As a demonstration of this, the musical group REM has a song titled, "Everybody Hurts" (click here for song with lyrics). This top four hits on YouTube for this song have been collectively viewed 76 million times - clearly the lyrics have resonated with a lot of people.

I encourage you to have a listen. It's a somewhat haunting and painful song, but at the same time points out that you're not the only one, you're not in it alone.

durangod said:
QZ i lease and my new lease just started the 5th of august. 

I didnt write this topic to get ideas how to solve things, there is only one solution and we all know what that is and i am getting closer every day to accepting that fact that i just dont belong anywhere in this world.      I wrote this topic to say goodbuy to the people here that have taken the time to say nice things and share nice things about themselves and those that have been friendly and kindhearted. 

Im sure it will all work out but if it does not noone really loses anything do they, and thats the hardest thing to accept is that it just does not matter what happens. 

Take care - no more replies are necessary...  i thank you all...

Dave :)

Dave, buddy slow down here. The solution you are implying here is not a solution. Everybody belongs someplace in this world. Believe me I know that
life can get rough and kick us in the teeth every now and then but we just have to get thru it. Sending you some positive energy to get thru this.

Dave, take a big breath and sit back and think about this a little more. You sound like and write like you are a very very intelligent person. I only wish I was closer to you so we could maybe start a new friendship. Those are good ideas as far as seeking help with a priest or similar. If that doesn't work, seek a professional. Don't leave just yet and keep talking to us. You have many friends here.
Dave, do you have any family?

We all cause drama: some more than others, some intentional, some not so much; I guess the difference is whether we like it or not. I can't say whether or not RVing is for you; ultimately, you have to make that decision. But, I'll point out one thing to consider: folks don't generally start out in a group, they end up that way.

All (or at the very least, most) of those you see with connections to others had to start at the same place you do; it's unlikely that they were born with those friends, or circle of acquaintances. That would be family, and plenty of families don't get along that well, anyway... Point is, they traveled the same road, to the destination you want as well. It sounds as though you feel that you don't make friends easily; if that's the case, my suggestion is only to not put pressure on yourself to do just that, because it sounds somewhat like that's the case.

Bottom line is the the person that we're going to be the best at being is ourself, not someone else. Which doesn't mean that we can't change, but truly changing isn't easy, and that saying it isn't the same as being. Be true to who you are; I eventually learned (and taught my kids) that it's better to not be liked for who you are, than to be liked for being someone your not.

Best wishes...

Thanks all im ok, i just needed a day to go through the anger cycle, cry alot, get back my perspective, pray alot and read some quotes from my hero John Wayne.  I admit i was feeling quite deflated but that man still teaches me even today how to gather up my stuffing and put it back in. 

I finally came to a conclusion about all this stuff.  And that conclusion is that i was a great person long before i met these idiots around here and i will continue to be one long after im gone from here.  I realized that some small towns just dont like new people and its not my job to question why and that all of this stuff going on has nothing to do with me at all.  It has to do with their inability to accept others into their community who are alittle different.  So while they may preach all the time about loving their fellow man, in reality they love their fellow man only just as long as he is one of them.  I thought they were suppose to look at the inside of someone not the outside, too bad their loss for sure.

There are tons of other cities and lakes out there and im sure ill find one that will welcome me with open arms.  I could never live in florida though because of the the gators.  Living around gators and the sea takes a whole new skillset which cant be taught, you sort of have to be raised in such an environment to be able to survive in it. 

My skill set is the dry desert and this is about as far south as i want to go.  At this position im far enough south to have some green grass but not too far south that i have to worry about mega desasters and being on the food chain.  And at this position we still have some dry days where the humidity is 20-30 percent, and that is certainly not the case for south Texas or Florida.

The sale sign is going up tomorrow, ill offer the lot with my improvements and the RV as a set or just the lot by itself.  We will see how that goes, and if i dont sell the RV ill probably find somewhere down the road to park for awhile.  At least until i am better prepared financially to move somewhere else.   

I will say one more thing here.  This experience today has reminded me (or given me some insight) into what it must be like for many in this country with mental issues.  I still have my wits about me and i dont expect to lose them, i know my character is still strong enough to ward off anything crazy.  However folks, let is not forget that there are those out there that do not have such inner strength to gain back their perspective and they walk all around us just looking for some kindness in the world.

For them they are ALWAYS right on the edge and yet much of society pushes them away and treats them as outcasts.  For them they dont know any better and they get more and more pushed away and isolated until they blow up.  Most are non violent, but some can blow up in a violent rage and then the rest of us sit back scratching our heads wondering how that happened.  As if we dont know the answer to that. 

My point is if you see someone different (you know what i mean by that)  give them a kind word and make sure they know that not everyone in the world is an ass.  It might just be enough to turn their life around but even if it does not, they will still have a better day knowing that its not all bad. 

Say a kind word, its important!!! 

:)

"Say a kind word, its important!!!"

Extremely important, even if it's just a nod of the head to acknowledge to the other person that they are indeed a human being.

I don't know if you listen to music very much but the link I'm posting is a song by John Prine expressing exactly what you just said about a kind word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwGkplB_sY 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom