Selling our rig on the internet- delivery and payment qs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

draker

Fellow RVers and community,
Unfortunately, we need to sell our rig (98 Newmar Mountain Aire fifth wheel and 02 Ford F550 tow vehicle), and am looking for your suggestions and expertise.  Currently, I have it listed in rvtraderonline.com and usedmotorhome.com., and have the rig sitting in a local consignment lot. :(  I have gotten a few bites thru usedmotorhome.com from people in TX and PA.  I live in MN.  Here are my questions:

1. Since the distance is significant, and I don't want it to be a factor in the sale, should I offer to deliver the rig?  (I'm assuming they will trek here to MN to check out the rig).

2. The payment issue:  electronic transfer? Cash?, Cashier's Check?, Certified Check?  (I don't want to be scammed!)

Thanks
Rick

Any kind of printed check can be forged.  Bank transfer and cash are the safest ways to go.

Beware delivering.  Charge per mile and don't offer to deliver at all without at least a sizeable (and non-refundable) down payment.  If you don't have any money and arrive there and they have changed their minds, you are out the money and the time it took you to get there.

Thanks, Will.
You're confirming my thoughts about both payment and delivery.
Rick

It wasn't a MH but we did have one of our Lincolns delivered out her from St Louis Area to West Phoenix Area.  $750  PAID UP FRONT  Probably come have gotten cheaper but that was door to door, pickup and delivery.

Back
Top Bottom