septic connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlakeS

We just bought an old 5th wheeler and installed it on our property. For some time, it will be our only home while we wait for a manufactured home to be placed there. Question is: is there a way to hook up a hose from the fifth wheeler, to run our waste about 30 feet to where it can link up with existing septic access point on the property?

30 feet is likely too far unless it is a steep down hill run. Instead buy a mascerator and plan to pump it out once a week or so.

30 feet is likely too far unless it is a steep down hill run. Instead buy a mascerator and plan to pump it out once a week or so.
can we connect the mascerator to a pipe or hose and then run the hose down to the septic access?

That's the idea. Mascerator outlet is a 3/4 garden hose. So a plastic termination cap drilled and tapped to accept the hose male end will seal things up just fine.

I have a Flo-Jet macerator (If you were near by we would work a deal but alas you are not and I'm not shipping) this is a 'portable' type I will tell you the one problem with it and how I used it.

NOte. if you got the rise 30 feet is no problem for a stinky slinky but you might want to build a support for it... I'd suggest 4" evese trouth and some wood blocks or half of a 5" PVC pipe and wood blocks But if you don't have the height. go with the pump.

I used a 3/4" by 50' (you can use shorter, and larger) BLACK rubber garden hose. I built a sewer adapter but likely it is not what you'd want (It's for the park type seweres very nice one if you need the design it's simple)

The problem.. If not used for a bit the impellers stick
The solution: the motor shaft extends out the "Bottom" of the motor
It has a large "SLOT" A large metal washer. or a large flat screwdriver or a quarter and give the shaft a twist BEFORE you turn on the switch. (That was easy wasn't it?) Don't forget to give the shaft a twist. Putty knife works too, any flat up to about 1/8 or so thick

30' is fine - you need to maintain a 1/8"/ft slope for the full 30'. Get some aluminum gutter and prop it up at that slope, then lay your sewer slinky in it. You can find drain pipe slope calculators for any sized pipe and length.

You don't need anything other than a rigid form (some aluminum gutter) and a long standard slinking.

Here's the link in case you want to verify;

Drain Pipe Slope Calculator

Do not leave your black tank valve open or you WILL end up with the dreaded poo-pyramid. The tanks in the RV are holding tanks and operate by having sufficient flow volume to move everything out while dumping. If you leave your valve open the poo will hit and the liquid will run around it (thus the poo-pyramid).

Just open the valve once a week (or as you fill the tank).

Better than that may be some pvc pipe. It would be easy to prop up and you’d get better flow for a long distance because of the smooth bore. They have fittings that will connect to the outlet of your sewer pipe on the rv then then just add on pvc pipe

I had a 30 or so foot flat run at our last sticks and bricks. Used the Sewer Solution and some PVC pipe. It's a water powered macerator and can handle a little bit of uphill if needed.

Also be careful how much you transfer at one time to the septic system,, do you know how large the septic tank is?? too much at any one time will overload your septic system if it is not large enough to process that much in a given time frame..>>>Dan

I’ve always been leary about dumping 40 or so gallons of black water all at once and then maybe another 70 or so gray water all at once. I know what it costs to replace a leach field so I never dump in my septic.

Or, you can do it the way we do it at home.

First, we installed Bidets on all our toilets .... including the trailer. So there is no toilet paper in our trailer black tank (or from the house).

Second, we use our Barker Blue Tote to transport our trailer waste to the septic tank. We've been doing it this way for 13 years now at his house:

ZG40BEj.jpg

i6UFGrl.jpg

RXSqBpW.jpg

Valterra makes a fitting that has the bayonet hooks on it and a hub to glue onto a 3 inch pipe (T1028). While the fitting is ABS and ABS sewer pipe is all but impossible to find now (my house is all black ABS) there are glues to join ABS to PVC. This connection and pipe and 45 elbows if needed would get you connected to a rigid pipe (much better than a standard slinky hose for your needs). The other end could just be an elbow to the cleanout in the ground. Valterra also makes the 3 inch hub to male/pegs end that a slinky hose or other adapters could be connected to (T1029-2).

Valterra Rotating Rigid Sewer Pipe Adapter - 3", Bayonet

082187_1.jpg

Termination Adapter

002362_1.jpg

Charles

Back
Top Bottom