Septic hose issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwwebster76

I have two issues that I would love help with. I bought a 2015 Forest River Salem that was installed on a permanent site. They apparently cut off the tabs that hold the septic line on when dumping the tank. As an aside, she did not dump her tank when she sold it, so I brought in home only to realize that her waste came with it! Grr..oss... (Try holding the waste line on the camper while slowly pulling the handle out without too much force to have spillage. Not fun!) How do I get new tabs or some way to secure the hose to the pipe?
The other part is that the septic hose is too large to fit into the bumper. Are there aftermarket parts or tips to find outside storage for that, as I do not want to put that into the inside storage.

Welcome to the forum.
Can you give us a picture of what you mean by tabs? If it’s what I think it is, you may be able to cut off the end and put a new one on providing your pipe is long enough.

Many people just go to Home Depot and buy a tote\bin with a cover the size you need to hold the hose

You can also purchase a length of PVC a bit larger in diameter than the hose. install it under the trailer with caps on each end. Glue one cap one so the hose doesn’t push it off. Leave the other cap free.

You can also purchase a length of PVC a bit larger in diameter than the hose. install it under the trailer with caps on each end. Glue one cap one so the hose doesn’t push it off. Leave the other cap free.
I wouldn't glue the "unused" end. I have 2 @ 10' septic hoses. I have them linked together when stored in the bumper but having both ends accessible would allow me to push from the other side if they come apart somehow.

I am going to buy the thing Phil T suggested as it looks just right. The valves worked fine so I just want to replace the end. As far as sewer line goes, I am likely to do the sterilite bin at least for now, but like the ideas of larger PVC pipe fastened under/in front of the bumper. I'm not sure about caps vs a bolt through each end to allow better ventilation?

Attachments

• RV pipe.jpg
    RV pipe.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Not much "stinky" if you follow the black tank dump with the gray; waste water will cleaen it out pretty well.

PVC fencepost will fit any stinky slinky. A long clevis pin on each end with a spring clip through the hole in the pin and you have storage that will not turn your hose into a sprinkler.

PVC fencepost will fit any stinky slinky. A long clevis pin on each end with a spring clip through the hole in the pin and you have storage that will not turn your hose into a sprinkler.
I'm not really sure I follow. Can you post any pictures of what you mean?

I'm not really sure I follow. Can you post any pictures of what you mean?
In constructing a pvc fence, you still need to put 4x4 treated lumber fenceposts to hold it up. They make a pvc sleeve that is made to slide over the wooden fencepost to match the pvc fence.

I put a 4" PVC drain pipe on top of the rear bumper supports when I had my TT. The inside of the bumper tube was a little too rusty for me to trust it not to abrade through the hose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom