SEWER CONNECTIONS...What to buy???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wingdwolf

Just bought our first rv...used ...We have gotten just about everything we need except the sewer connections. What are some of you using? What length or lengths of hose....connectors and elbows etc.  There seem to be so many things that can be used and I'd rather not waste a lot of money on unnecessary gadgets. Also, where and how do you store the stuff? Oh...we have a Class C Tioga Montara

I have two 10 foot lengths of Rhino sewer hose. They're very rugged and collapse into a small space. I also use a clear (transparent) elbow at the connection to the RV so I can see what's happening during the dump process. At the other end of the business I have two options - one is a locking elbow that fits an adapter that screws into the campground sewer system; The other is a donut, for those campgrounds that don't have a thread on their sewer pipe.

As an alternate system, I also have an on-board macerator pump with a 3/4" diameter hose (mine is 35 feet long) that will reach distant sewer connections, such as when we need to dump at home.

Just bought our first rv...used ...We have gotten just about everything we need except the sewer connections. What are some of you using? What length or lengths of hose....connectors and elbows etc. There seem to be so many things that can be used and I'd rather not waste a lot of money on unnecessary gadgets. Also, where and how do you store the stuff? Oh...we have a Class C Tioga Montara

Length of hose:  I have two interconnecting 10 foot lengths of hose.  This is one are in which buying quality really pays off.

Connectors:  I like the red Valterra units with their long hose barbs.  Secure with a stainless steel hose clamp.

Inlet connecor:  You will need a right angle hose connector for the inlet to the CG sewer.  Valterra's unit has stepped shoulders to give something of a gas seal.  Nevertheless, I use their threaded step down attachment, it secures the hose from being knocked out and gives a better gass seal.    See all this stuff by clicking HERE.

Miscellaneous:

1.  A two gallon plastic painters bucket to store your connectors and stuff.
    2.  A pair of heavy duty rubber gloves for messing around with sewage.
    3.  A gallon of household bleach for disinfecting in the event of accidents
    4.  25-30 feet of cheap green garden hose for sewage work.
    5.  A gizmo called a Johnny Cock, which holds the toilet valve open.
    6.  A patent spray wand to clean out a tank which inserted down thru the toilet.

Storage:  Never, ever store your sewer stuff with your drinking water hoses or plumbing .  It should have its own compartment.  The hose is a problem.  My little trailer has a hollow rear bumper for hose storage.  6 inch PCV pipe can be rigged up to store the hose and can be clamped to a rear bumper.

Good luck.  ;D

Carl Lundquist said:
A gizmo called a Johnny Cock, which holds the toilet valve open.

Carl, it's time you came into this century. Most heads in RVs today have a button or two that you press to open and keep open the valve.

LOL Carl, you've been spending too much time with your Brit firends again.

Most heads in RVs today have a button or two that you press to open and keep open the valve.

Or perhaps YOU'VE been living a bit upscale of the rest of us, Tom.  My "ancient" 2002 SeaLand has  no such feature and I don't think I have the bottom of the line model either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom